Why become a member? ×

SOLD --- Vintage VJ74 Jazz
£385
bristol

foxyFuze

---- SOLD -----

VINTAGE VJ74 JAZZ BASS - £140

Hi all,

LISTING AMENDED, HARDWARE OPTIONS BEING SOLD SEPARATELY.

Here is my Vintage VJ74 Jazz bass, modded to accommodate a Kiogon series / parallel switching loom but now back to stock. 
I'm not really a fan of sunburst so I was going to keep this for sanding and refinishing or have a spare at my folks; if it doesn't go then I shall crack on with that plan. 
Links for reference:

https://www.gear4music.com/Guitar-and-Bass/Vintage-VJ74-Reissued-Bass-MN-Sunset-Sunburst/2EYN. (not the same neck but the nearest I could find available)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xKzQ0NJbsyE

approx 4.3kg (I've misplaced my scales, will confirm once I've sorted the admin tornado that appears to have happened in my apartment)
38mm nut
Wilkinson pickups, bridge and tuners.   These are well thought of on here, and rightly so.  I'd happily have these in another bass.

Modifications: 
I extended the control cavity to fit the Kiogon loom, and shielded it.
I've gently rolled the fretboard edges.
I have also reshaped the headstock as I found it quite bulky looking.
There are a few scuffs and marks from my tinkering but nothing too obvious, or anything that affects playability.
I've priced this to account for the average used price, conscious of the modifications I've made to the body and headstock.

Please see my other advert if you would like the upgraded parts for additional cost.

If you're looking to release cash for a higher priced instrument I'd be happy to consider options for a Jazz, PJ or Jaguar-type of thing.

I can deliver / host collection in or near Bristol, subject to distancing precautions. Postage also possible.

Happy to send more photos should you require them.

IMG_20200516_120236.jpg

Edited by foxyFuze
Sold
  • Like 1