Why become a member? ×

SOLD - Fender Precision - LPB/RW With 60s Style Mods
£450
Sale, South Manchester

colleya

Sold! That didn't take long!

Up for sale is this excellent Mex P bass.  I've only had it a month but typically something else has come up on here so I'm looking to raise some funds.

This bass was bought from @DoubleOhStephan of this parish who has very generously allowed me to use his pics and details.  Nothing else has changed since buying the bass.

Weight is 4.1kg.  Price includes UK shipping.

A Fender Standard Precision bass, made in Mexico in 2010, finished in Lake Placid Blue with a rosewood fretboard. This one has been modded to recreate the classic 60's look.

Mods include:

• Brown Tort Scratchplate
  • KiOgon Loom 
  • Generic Bridge Cover 
  • Fender Pickup Cover  

It came fitted with a replacement vintage bridge (described as Fender but I can't confirm).

The truss works fine and action is set pretty low. 

Steve rolled the fretboard edges and lightly sanded the neck, it feels great. Whilst doing so he made two marks in the lacquer, but these are just visual, the neck is very smooth.   He also installed a small shim (business card thick) to lower the action.  He's done a fantastic job and the bass was obviously very well looked after.

I'm in Sale, South Manchester but happy to ship within the UK.  I'm a good packer and the bass will be sent in a decent condition gig bag and boxed up. Standard Eurosender shipping is included in the price.

P7.jpg

P3.jpg

P4.jpg

P5.jpg

P6.jpg

P8.jpg

P10.jpg

P11.jpg

P12.jpg

P13.jpg

P14.jpg

P1.jpg

P2.jpg

Edited by colleya
  • Like 4

12 minutes ago, hooky_lowdown said:

The "good run" was 2014 onwards. Anyhoo, a gorgeous looking bass. 😎

Fair enough. Edited. Plays like a 'good run' bass though! 

• Like 2