Why become a member? ×

Pre EB Stingray with fretless Status Neck Withdrawn
£1550
Ireland

drewk_ie

This is a pseudo Fretless Pre EB homage to an early ‘80s Cutlass....

...but here’s my dilemma (first world problem!), I have a beautiful ‘79 Music man, natural refinished, fully loaded Stingray body, with a Status unlined fretless neck, I’ve two choices to either...

A) Sell the bass as is, plays like a dream, lovely low action, £1550 delivered UK

B) Sell the neck, without the neck hardware (neck was originally £436 Delivered, so say £300 delivered UK)

I’m good with whichever way fate decides to select the sale, as i really do love the look of the body and can always put a traditional fretted or fretless neck back on there.

Both body and neck are in immaculate condition, not a blemish/ mark on either...

Will try get up some more pictures later.

Not looking for trades on this, unless it’s a pre EB Stingray/Sabre

Cheers

Drew

Edited by drewk_ie
Withdrawn
  • Like 4

And this not a pseudo fretless...

This is a full original 1979 Music Man Sting Ray (pre Ernie Ball) body fitted with a Status Graphite fretless neck à la Cutlass. Period.

Take a photo of the preamp too to see which one it is (99% sure it's a non epoxied one, but sometimes you get surprises with 1979 Music Man basses)

Also put one photo of the serial number (on the bridge).

Now withdrawn, I’ve decided to keep the loaded pre EB body, status fretless neck is for sale in the ‘other musical equipment’ section. 

thanks for all the positive comments and likes!

• Like 2