Why become a member? ×

Hi, I'm planning to buy this travel bass from Mr. Ross Anderson in Australia, would like to know opinions of people who have used it, comes with spirocore mediums, K&K bass max pickup, soft case and a fiberglass hard case. it looks a lot like the Czech ease bass but very affordable and sounds great!!IMG_1061.thumb.jpg.c1d0a84d86374eda0ba45e99edc60cc9.jpg783687473_IMG_1043(2).thumb.jpg.f6df1ba067eb12585fe610324bef72c1.jpg

IMG_1066.jpg

IMG_1064.jpg

IMG_1047 (1).jpg

Edited by Shashank Das
  • Like 1

Hi @Shashank Das,

I can't comment on the bass in question. It does look a nice instrument, I must say.

I have a Gage Czech Ease, and this one does look similar. Actually, it looks slightly smaller bodied. My Czech Ease is a lovely bass. But being smaller bodied, it's quieter than a more normally sized DB.

Let us know if you decide to go for it.

Edit: yes, looking at my bass, this one is quite a bit smaller.

Edited by Marc S

Are you looking for a portable bass? As stated these smaller ones will have less volume than a standard size double bass.

If you are wanting portability the Chadwick Folding bass is a winner. Lots of reviews and accolades.

Edited by TPJ

Marc S : i really need something to travel with, i have a full size bass already, that's why i'm thinking of this.

TPJ: i like chadwicks, my friend has one, which i've played a lot, but i don't think they're available anymore, also it is about 1000$ more expensive than this bass and  there's the constant struggle of removing and putting back the neck

1 hour ago, Shashank Das said:

Marc S : i really need something to travel with, i have a full size bass already, that's why i'm thinking of this.

TPJ: i like chadwicks, my friend has one, which i've played a lot, but i don't think they're available anymore, also it is about 1000$ more expensive than this bass and  there's the constant struggle of removing and putting back the neck

Have you taken into account the (very substantial) import duty and VAT you would likely have to pay on this instrument if you are buying from Australia? It might even things out with other travel basses. I have no experience with the instrument in question. 

It might be worth hanging fire on a travel bass purchase and waiting to see what pops up on the second hand market in weeks/months to come. No one is travelling at the moment and I could envisage people freeing up some of their money in basses that are not being used much. No hurry, right?

8 hours ago, Duckyincarnate said:

Have you taken into account the (very substantial) import duty and VAT you would likely have to pay on this instrument if you are buying from Australia? It might even things out with other travel basses. I have no experience with the instrument in question. 

It might be worth hanging fire on a travel bass purchase and waiting to see what pops up on the second hand market in weeks/months to come. No one is travelling at the moment and I could envisage people freeing up some of their money in basses that are not being used much. No hurry, right?

i'm not in a hurry at all, but I stay in India, there are hardly 10 double bassists in the whole country and no upright basses are available here,, no new basses or second hand basses, so i will have to pay import duty and taxes for everything , yeah the import duty and other taxes are a lot, that's why i'm trying to ask a friend traveling from Australia to my country or  fly there myself and get it back as personally as personal luggage immediately after the flights resume.

Edited by Shashank Das
  • Like 1