Why become a member? ×

Traded: Wood & Tronics Orion 5-string (like new) *Trades welcome
£1600
Bad Bentheim, Germany

Quasar79

Last pricedrop: £1400.

I am reluctantly selling my Wood & Tronics Orion, which i bought 3 months ago from a very nice person here on basschat.

Most of the time i play on my 4-string bass, and i can't afford it to be not played at all, given the current circumstances...

But all things aside: this is the best playing 5-string bass i ever had: smooth and fast neck, big and versatile sound and this bass got the looks as well (my opinion). Conditions are like new! I only played the bass at my home and was very carefully.

I am asking £1600. I am also willing to accept trade offers, but i need some cash too. Only looking for 4-string basses.

I can ship with a gigbag.

I've copied the specs from the old page, here we go:

Body: ash

Top: tiger maple

Neck: maple

Fingerboard: purpleheart 24 frets

Dots: orange pearl

Pickups: W&T cusom single coil (neck) + W&T custom Jazzbucker (bridge)

Preamp: active/passive 3Leaf Pike Shapeshifter (blue and red modules included. The blue one is more....."vintage" and smooth, the red one..."modern" and growly) vol/bal, high, mid, bass, + mid freq switch

The Jazzbucker is a double single coil, you can switch between single/both/single

- the one towards the neck is jazz "60 position, for a classic J 60 or "Jaco" style

- the one near the bridge is more "dry"', a sort of "Alembic" style, and brighter

- both....hold on tight and release the Kraken!

For more photos or information, please contact me with a PM.

Edited by Quasar79
traded
  • Like 2

Wood and tronics are unbelievable basses! I ve had a chance of playing few and always regretted selling it so decided to go for a new build with Enrico and Eric which are super helpful.

After 4 drawing and over a month the building will finally start sometimes this week

Enrico and Eric are super ocd when it comes to build and that's why 4 drawings 🤣

Shame you will regret this....

glwys

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Quasar79 said:

Thank you for your message! I sure will regret this... If you want you can send me a picture from yours when it is finished? I would like that:)

Yes of course I'll do that, I reckon is gonna take a while tho as some parts are coming from NY which is into lockdown only god knows how long....

4 hours ago, fiatcoupe432 said:

Btw a new build for this would come close to 3.5k

I wish I had some spare cash this is a very unique instrument

A trade + cash is also possible:) But thank you for the information!

I really do rate W&T basses, they are exceptionally well built and sound fantastic, I am sure this bass is no exception!

But I must say, to my eye, the look of this bass is too 'complex'. For me, the bass would look infinitely better without the metal and plastic bolted to the body which seems to have no function other than to create aesthetics which I think will very much divide people! 

Does the clear plastic piece and two pieces of metal come off? If so, would you be able to take a photo without them? I am curious to see the bass is a more natural state! :)

52 minutes ago, binky_bass said:

I really do rate W&T basses, they are exceptionally well built and sound fantastic, I am sure this bass is no exception!

But I must say, to my eye, the look of this bass is too 'complex'. For me, the bass would look infinitely better without the metal and plastic bolted to the body which seems to have no function other than to create aesthetics which I think will very much divide people! 

Does the clear plastic piece and two pieces of metal come off? If so, would you be able to take a photo without them? I am curious to see the bass is a more natural state! :)

Hello there, thank you for your reply. Yes, i agree with you, some people hate it and some people love it. I love it:p But that is not your question. The first piece near the pickguard won't easily come off. The metal has some screws and there are two switches which will cause a problem if i put it off. And if there is one thing i am not, it is a good technician. So i am sorry, but that is going to be difficult.

No problem! Just personal curiosity. 

I wonder if W&T would consider maybe fitting the electronics outside of the metalwork and perhaps using small high strength magnets under the top wood to affix the scratch plate and metalwork. This would then give the option for the bass to look as it is, or for these pieces to be removed with no visible holes in the wood... then all parties could be catered for! Just thinking out loud! :)

• Like 1

• MB1 locked this topic