Why become a member? ×

Greetings from Leicestershire

Eldon Tyrell

Hello everyone,

Hope  you are all fine. I recently joined Basschat. The eternal lockdown gives me some more time to play bass and check Basschat. I started playing bass back in 2007. My first bass was a Warwick Corvette Standard, which I bought from Sound Control in Salford. I still have the bass but it has a twisted neck and a faulty truss rod, so I am not using it. I did not have much time back then and gave up playing quite quickly. I took up playing bass again in late 2014 when I had a round birthday and my wife surprised me with a voucher for bass tuition. I learned a lot and have been playing since then. Due to my job, I still don't have much time and I am a (living room) hobby bassist. Thanks to YouTube (shout-out to Coversolutions 🙂 and several excellent books  (shout-out to Stuart Clayton :-) I have learned a lot of good songs. I am currently learning Alice in Chains and Stone Temple Pilot songs. STP's Rob DeLeo has some great basslines (e.g. Plush). 

Bass influences: Bernard Edwards, Louis Johnson, Tim Commerford, Peter Hook (looking forward to his Yamaha signature bass) 

Equipment:

Basses: Spector Euro LE 77, Spector Euro Mike Starr LE, Spector Forte 4, Warwick Corvette Standard

Amp: GK MB 112-II

Pedals: Darkglass Alpha Omega Ultra, T-Rex Bass Juice

Looking forward to having a good time with you all!

Stay safe and take care!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, baldwinbass said:

Welcome Eldon, from a fellow Bernard Edwards fan.  👍

Yes, Bernard Edwards was amazing. I even got a MM Stingray because of him (and Louis Johnson and Tim Commerford). Unfortunately, the Stingray was not for me, so I let it go. However, Bernard also played a Spector in the mid 80s, so my Euro 77 is now my funk and disco bass. It also has the right colour for the 70s - baby poop brown 😉

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...