Why become a member? ×

Lakland 55-64 PJ with Nordstrands GONE
£1000
West London

Steff

Hi guys, 

Selling my mint condition Indonesian built Lakland 55-65. This one has been professionally routed for the extra J pickup by the previous owner, luthier has done an outstanding job - it looks like a factory one. 

Wiring and second added correct pot for V V T made professionally too. 

Upgraded with Nordstrand pickups and strung with flats, sounds and plays amazing. Don’t see any dents or scratches on it. 

Weight is 4.55 kg.

Reason for selling is that I’m having a custom order one built and I need to fund it. No trades. 

Don’t have a case for it unfortunately so it’ll have to be a collection or delivery by me if you aren’t too far from London. 

6427124F-3C09-4D4F-8979-538735990987.jpeg

3C8C8F50-8BFF-4C23-A431-DE3192D48D3F.jpeg

F7F14A4A-066B-4672-B19C-522B1CBD55B5.jpeg

E8E36F0A-4BBB-4C9B-96B9-B3106A397012.jpeg

365EC73C-EA27-44A9-B4FA-26F563953280.jpeg

21454E0A-6965-4325-99C6-1A25331C7419.jpeg

Edited by Steff
  • Like 5

I’m not sure about this - maybe have a google and see what people have said? Regardless, as they say, nothing would sound exactly like a Fender P but a Fender P.  

3 hours ago, therealting said:

Do these basses have the P pickup further forward than Fenders?

It does look like it, however it’s a 35” scale bass so perhaps it’s moved to still be at the same point on the string (harmonically speaking).

On 05/05/2020 at 18:28, sterling_76 said:

The J pickup - is that a traditional single coil or a hum-cancelling splitcoil?

According to the chap I bought it from, it is NJ5SE, split coil hum cancelling one. 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
48 minutes ago, Steff said:

Man it puzzles me too... it’s a rare bass and just the upgrades are worth £200. 

Bump! 

@Steff I'll start by saying - What a bass! If I had the £££ I would have been PM'ing you long before now.

I think there's 3 issues at play here for you:

1. Some people see non-reversible modifications as a turn off, regardless of the parts & costs involved,

2. No case/gig bag,

3. Collection/Local Delivery only

IMO if you can address points 2 & 3 you'll reach a much wider buyer base and I reckon it would shift.

GLWTS

Cheers, Jon  

Thanks for the notes man, yes you’ve got a point. 
As far as #1 goes, I’ve always looked at basses from a full time gigging bassist perspective and never really cared about keeping it super original (unless it’s a £3-4k worth bass) as long as the mods bring practicality.  

Unfortunately I’ve ran out of cases to give out after selling a few basses lately that came in without cases. I’m just thinking though a second hand case is around £20-25, that surely isn’t a massive problem...? 

#3 I don’t get as a major issue really cos for the price of postage I can deliver within half length of the UK, I’ve mentioned it but probably people haven’t looked into it that way. 

Hopefully there’s someone out there for me... oh wait that’s for another site. Hopefully there’s someone out there who isn’t bothered much by these points cos I really need it gone soon... 

Edited by Steff
  • Like 4

• 2 months later...
  • MB1 locked this topic