Why become a member? ×

SOLD
£460
Northern Ireland

Up for sale is an almost Brand New Sire Fretless 5 String in beautiful Sherwood Green. ACTIVE & PASSIVE with a huge 18v preamp.

I bought this recently from ebay but the neck is too big for my small hands so am gonna stick with my Yamaha 5 string, which the Sire was gonna replace.

It's pretty much pristine, the person I bought it from got it from Andertons for about £569ish and I don't think they ever used it.

I say it's pristine, however, there's a small blemish on the underside of the body, it also has drill hole(s) for the pickup cover, but bizarrely there's a drill hole on the top side of the body, this could've been sold as a second, not sure, anyway, they're all pictured and I don't believe they detract from this beauty in anyway.

Comes with Flatwounds which I can assume are stock

Included is the bridge cover and I have some aged white block inlay stickers on order from America which will be included if required (the stand in the pic isn't included) there's also no gig bag as it didn't come with one but have all the original box which is very secure for shipping.

PRICE IS £460 INC UK ONLY SHIPPING, COULD BE OPEN TO OFFERS BUT IT'S A GREAT PRICE FOR A NEAR NEW BASS.

PRICE DROP £410 INC UK SHIPPING.......FOR QUICK SALE, C'MON GRAB A BARGAIN.......................

here's the link to Andertons for the original price.

https://www.andertons.co.uk/brands/sire/sire-fretless-basses/sire-version-2-fretless-marcus-miller-v7-swamp-ash-5-string-sherwood-green 

TECHNICAL BLURB

Sire Marcus Miller V7 basses sound better and play smoother than ever before in the 2nd Gen range.

The flagship V7 has been kitted out with two advanced single coil pickups bearing a full set of EQ controls, allowing you to mould your perfect personalised tone. Other upgrades can be found made to the neck and fretboard for a new, premium feel.

New features

The focus of the upgrade has been to improve the overall sound quality and playing comfort of the V7. Marcus Miller worked alongside Sire to redesign the pickups with stronger magnets and coils to deliver a cleaner, deeper tonal palette.

Sire have also overhauled the neck design. The V7 now features an extremely comfortable rolled edge fretboard, which you'd usually only find on high-end basses. Neck radius has been extended to 9.5-inches and fretted models are adorned with new medium frets, making for a quicker and more accurate playing experience. The gloss neck coating has been replaced with a much classier satin finish.

Its only cosmetic change is to the pickguard, which is also installed on five-string basses as well as four-string variants.

Construction

Sire like to mix and match woods. The V7 is made of either a well-balanced alder or a slightly brighter swamp ash body. A hard maple neck offers excellent stability and is topped by either a maple or ebony fingerboard.

History of Sire Marcus Miller Basses

Sire build the now-famous Marcus Miller basses. Marcus Miller is a world-renowned jazz and funk bassist with some of the best bass chops on the planet. He's worked with Sire instruments to make affordable basses - but far exceed their price point in terms of feel, style and above all, sound.

How do they do this? Unlike a lot of other guitar companies that outsource their work, Sire own the factory where their basses are built. This means more efficient production and full control over the quality of instrument from start to finish.

Sire instruments are doing the world a bit of good by taking a share of corporate profits and giving back to society. They founded schools in Cambodia and Laos to teach children’s music lessons.

Specifications

Body

• Body Material: Swamp Ash / North American Alder
  • Pickguard: Ivory Pearl  / Tortoise

Neck

• Neck Material: 1 Piece Hard Maple
  • Neck Shape: C-Shape
  • Scale: 34”
  • Fingerboard: Hard Maple / Ebony
  • Fingerboard Radius: 9.5”
  • Frets: Medium, 20 Frets
  • String Nut: Natural Bone
  • Inlay: WH Pearloid Block
  • Neck Joint: 4 Bolt Steel Square Plate

Electronics

• Pickups: Marcus Super Jazz Advanced
  • Electronics: Marcus Heritage - 3 with Middle-Frequency Control
  • Controls: Volume / Tone (Dual Pot), Pickup Blender, Treble, Middle / Middle Frequency (Dual Pot), Bass, Mini Toggle (Active / Passive )

Hardware

• Knobs: Jazz Type Black Plastic
  • Bridge: Heavy Mass Standard
  • Tuning Gear: Premium Open-Gear
  • Hardware Finish: Chrome

Edited by The GroovyPlucker
  • Like 5

Oh tempted!

Used to have a fretless maple board.... was a bit different, much brighter IMO even with flats!

Have a few items for sale otherwise I'd have pressed the button!

Gaucho

Edited by Gaucho 5
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi alyctes,

It's 5cm wide at the nut, 7cm at the octave, 3cm depth at both.

Just a bit wide for my small hands, it's bigger than my Yamaha, hence the sale, I would say it's about the same as a Fender 5 string, maybe the neck is a touch slimmer, but is the reason why I don't go for Fender 5's anymore.

It's up on Ebay at the moment at a slightly cheaper start price or if you're after it now still available at the price quoted,

Cheers

Mark

• Like 1