Why become a member? ×

Fretless side dots position

Fishman

Same position as on a fretted neck or in line with the frets?

I have an ebony fretless neck that has dots between the fret lines and I find it a bit confusing when I move from fretted to fretless

My preference for my new build will be for faint fret lines and dots on the 3rd, 5th line etc

What do you fretless types prefer?

I thought there would be a difference of preferences – my first fretless was a Wal that had them where the frets would be – I wasn't really good enough to play fretless then, but now it's all good – sadly the Wal is no longer mine (though they are over-rated and well over-priced in my opinion, having owned two). There, cat among the pigeons time now maybe…

4 minutes ago, Fishman said:

I thought there would be a difference of preferences – my first fretless was a Wal that had them where the frets would be – I wasn't really good enough to play fretless then, but now it's all good – sadly the Wal is no longer mine (though they are over-rated and well over-priced in my opinion, having owned two). There, cat among the pigeons time now maybe…

I agree totally, Wals are way overpriced. As I’ve said before, by a fully customised ACG and spend the 3-4K change on two more!

• Like 1