Why become a member? ×

Excuse my Ignorance but what are the 'Watts' on your profile for?

thebigyin

I think, if someone likes one of your comments, or uses one of the other amusing emojis, you get a Watt.  Its kind of a measure of your popularity......or not, in my case, been here for years, hardly a flicker.

Edited by Oopsdabassist
  • Like 15
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Oopsdabassist said:

I think, if someone likes one of your comments, or uses one of the other amusing emojis, you get a Watt.  Its kind of a measure of your popularity......or not, in my case, been here for years, hardly a flicker.

I've just given you an extra watt... to show you're a good egg.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, AndyTravis said:

In Manchester it means “not nice” like - “no way marmite is rank mate”

This statement is indubitably correct. There really is no way Marmite can be considered rank. 

• Like 2

My understanding is that posts in OT don't add to our post count, but reactions received by any of our posts add up on our profile no matter where the post being reacted to is.

I'm not sure what this Rank you guys are talking about is. Mine seems to be called Member Title. Or am I looking in the wrong place?

Rank.png

Edited by Silvia Bluejay

45 minutes ago, Silvia Bluejay said:

My understanding is that posts in OT don't add to our post count, but reactions received by any of our posts add up on our profile no matter where the post being reacted to is.

I'm not sure what this Rank you guys are talking about is. Mine seems to be called Member Title. Or am I looking in the wrong place?

Rank.png

so that would explain why some Basschaters have a very high watts vs post rating? I did wonder

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PaulWarning said:

so that would explain why some Basschaters have a very high watts vs post rating? I did wonder

I think that if your Watts vs post rating is low, you probably have written considerate, well-reasoned, wise posts. If it's high, you've posted one or two Bad Jokes in appropriate threads. 😁

• Like 1