Why become a member? ×

SOLD Brand new (old stock) 2008 Warwick Corvette Special edition AAA flame maple
£1800
High Wycombe

pluckedout

Brand new (old stock) 2008 Warwick Corvette Special Edition. One of only 25 ever made and only available in the Spanish market - this one is no longer in Spain however, it's in the UK.

100% made in Germany, unplayed and with all the accessories and the lovely accessory folder that no other manufacturers seem to do these days.

Incredible workmanship and very high quality woods; it has a tigerstripe ebony fretboard with Warwick's signature bell-material frets and AAA flame maple top on an American ash body. What appear to be marks in the photos are natural variations in the wood.

RRP is €2699...was being sold in Spain at €2294. I took this as a trade for something I was selling but it's surplus to requirements as I don't really need another 5 string bass, amazing as this is. It is unplayed and brand new, even includes the swing tags. Price here:£1800 ono NOW £1550. Although I really don't need another bass I will never rule out an interesting trade, particularly custom shop Fenders but ideally I'm looking to raise some funds. Could possibly be tempted by 6 string electric or acoustic guitars as well.

Pics here: https://imgur.com/a/zNQmWhX

Spec details from the shop (DoctorBass) below:

American ash body

- AAA Flame maple top

- Ovangkol neck

- Tigerstripe ebony fingerboard

- MEC Soapbar pickups

- Black hardware

Two way truss rod so you can tweak the neck yo suit your climate and/or playing style. The truss rod can be accessed easily.

Also electronics are easily serviced. No tool is needed to access the battery which by the way is found inside an ultra clean electronics area. Just use your fingernails fo open the rear electronics plate. Conductive paint is used thoughout and just the right amount of wire and top notch parts. We love it.

Warwick's trademark headstock is also ergonomic. All tuners are placed for the player to reach them easily. The adjustable nut (a classic feature from Warwick) is the final touch on a perfectly designed bass.  Controls are  VolumeBalanceBass and Treble (stacked). Of course you also get Passive mode by pulling the Volume pot.

Two German MEC Soapbar pickups deliver an amazingly deep anc crystal clear type of tone.

The Low B string in this bass is simply perfect. Loud, clear and in perfect harmony with the other 4 strings.

Comes with the original Premium Line RockBag gigbag plus all the tools you need to set up the bass as well as straplocks.

Edited by pluckedout
Price drop

Happy to listen to offers...I don't want to start using this given its brand new and I think someone will get more use out of it than I will as I already have plenty of fretted 5ers. I've also just ordered a new fretless so could do with some cash!

• MB1 locked this topic