Why become a member? ×

PJ set for rock

NicoMcJ

Which PJ set?  

2 members have voted

1. 1. Which PJ set for use with cobalt flats? I play mostly rock, sometimes with a bit of overdrive or fuzz.

• DiMarzio Model P and Model J
    • Fender Yosemite PJ set

Hi all,

I'm turning my J into a PJ and I wanted to ask your guys your collective opinion on a new pickup set.  I'm using Cobalt Flats and sometimes use a bit of overdrive or light fuzz.  I mix about 50/50 between pick and fingerstyle.  I think I've narrowed my choices down to the Dimarzio Model P+J set, or the Fender Yosemite set.

Any pros/cons to each?

I'm rather taken with my EMG passive Geezer pickups. Turned my neglected Squier Jag SS from back-up bass to serious contender. Comes with electronics, which was a plus for me... and easy to fit.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 03/05/2020 at 13:29, Trueno said:

I'm rather taken with my EMG passive Geezer pickups. Turned my neglected Squier Jag SS from back-up bass to serious contender. Comes with electronics, which was a plus for me... and easy to fit.

^^ This. 

I had a set of PEMG GZRs in a Mexi P i had for a while and they were monsters. If i wanted a P (or PJ) for anything remotely loud and noisy they'd be my first choice. The fact that they come with everything you need to fit them is a big plus. I managed to fit them myself and I'm an idiot 😃

• Like 2