Why become a member? ×

Liza Tarbuck

bassace

Never thought I’d be typing those words but has anyone heard her six o clock Saturday programme on R2? The playlist is quite unusual, taking in some rarely heard old rock and soul numbers alongside some quite weird stuff. Definitely worth a listen if you haven’t heard it before. Any fans here? 

• Like 2

Just now, Storky said:

Oh well, there you go; when I turn on the radio and it’s Liza, I turn it over! Can’t stand her “delivery”. Horses for courses! 😉

And I’m the same with Zoe Ball, Elaine Paige and Steve Wright! Maybe I’m not keen on Radio 2 after all 🤔

35 minutes ago, JottoSW1 said:

Much as I like his selections, it's still - well - Craig Charles. To be fair he's evidently into the music and doesn't chat over much

I enjoy listening to him! A favourite moment came when he was standing in on the breakfast show on 6

"That was The War on Drugs there. I was down at Glastonbury Festival last weekend - I think they lost that particular battle!"

• Haha 1

I used to like listening to both Liza Tarbuck and Craig Charles on the long journeys home from gigs, when every now & then they’d be covering for others. I also liked Ana Matronic and Huey Morgan’s shows. Something quite relaxing and reassuring about Radio 2 after a long nights full on punk/Oi action.

• Like 1

I do like listening to her  but really only have R2 on in the car as i still have an old radio. With the lockdown, i haven't had the car  for a while. Definately one of the better shows on R2. Depending on the year, i like the Pick of the Pops show.I am usually on Planet Rock at home, but will have to listen to Craig Charles. I like some soul.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, naxos10 said:

Liza is definitely a fave in our household. At times the mix is electic but that's what adds to her appeal plus she has a sense of humour that has clearly been inherited from her dad.

I Used to like her, when is she on ?

3 hours ago, bassace said:

Never thought I’d be typing those words but has anyone heard her six o clock Saturday programme on R2? The playlist is quite unusual, taking in some rarely heard old rock and soul numbers alongside some quite weird stuff. Definitely worth a listen if you haven’t heard it before. Any fans here? 

She's a good 'un.

I liked her sense of wit* when she took part in Taskmaster.

Spoiler

*It's not always scatological.

• Like 1

I almost never listen to the radio. I have my music all on my Mac (25,124 songs) and I listen to it on random pretty much every day and all night on a Friday. I get all the satisfaction from that.

4 minutes ago, ubit said:

I almost never listen to the radio. I have my music all on my Mac (25,124 songs) and I listen to it on random pretty much every day and all night on a Friday. I get all the satisfaction from that.

Yeh, but there might be song number 25,125 you have never heard before.

5 hours ago, JottoSW1 said:

Much as I like his selections, it's still - well - Craig Charles. To be fair he's evidently into the music and doesn't chat over much

My daughter went to one of his “gigs” couple of years ago. She loved it, great music, danced from beginning to end. She hates clubs due to the inane sh1te music (aimed at the hard of thinking). But his funk soul set was fab she reckoned. 

9 minutes ago, oldslapper said:

My daughter went to one of his “gigs” couple of years ago. She loved it, great music, danced from beginning to end. She hates clubs due to the inane sh1te music (aimed at the hard of thinking). But his funk soul set was fab she reckoned. 

I think it’s like a lot things , the guy has a great enthusiasm and it rubs off , Ms Tarbuck much the same , always having a chuckle with you !

• Like 1

I like to listen to Liza Tarbuks show when cooking the Saturday dinner for my tribe, she plays some very eclectic stuff (for radio 2), a few weeks back that included Janes Addiction ' Been caught stealing'. Shocked and happy!!!