Why become a member? ×

Bass pod xt live still good?

fiatcoupe432

The XT Live is still a good setup, although I would highly recommend the HD500x.

I had a Zoom B3 for a while, and although it sounded good, I found it quite "limited", as you could only have 3 effects running (including amp sims). I then bought an XT Live, as I had an XT Bean since they came out, added the Bass Pack, and IMO, the sound quality of the sims were slightly better than the B3, plus you could have quite a few effects running. I compared it with the B3 for sound quality, with a view to selling one & keeping the other. The XT Live won.

After a while, I got a bit frustrated with the XT Live, although the Amp/Cab sims were good, it was a bit "lacking", especially in the effects department. They were good with guitar, but a bit lacklustre with a bass. Did a lot of searching around, looking at alternatives, and although the Helix was recently out, only the "full fat" version was available, and therefore out of my price range. After some searching around, I settled on the HD500x, although the Bass pack was limited (3 amp models, with 2 variations of the same amp, and a couple of cab models). Again, there was little info available on how it sounded from a bass player's perspective, there was loads of very good reviews from guitarists. Bought one, then got the HD Bass pack.

When it arrived, I compared it with the XT Live, and to be fair, the HD was head and shoulders above the XT in sound quality. Still using the HD, and loving it. The effects are brilliant, and there's plenty of scope for different sounds. It is now eclipsed by the Helix range of course, but it's still a great piece of kit IMO.

• Thanks 1

Thank you, mate

The hd500x sounds like a great tool unfortunately I'm looking fo something in the region of £180 and to be honest can't be bother with ebay bidding etc. Do you know anything about the gt8

I forgot to mention that is only for home use only so I won't taking it anywhere

Edited by fiatcoupe432

I've got an X3 live which is actually still pretty good sounds wise and offers two parallel chains which you can switch between or use completely separately. Amp and cab sims and FX are good and you can use it as an audio interface for pc/mac recording software.

A quick look on ebay suggests you could quickly pick one up for under £150.