Why become a member? ×

Markbass Strings launch offer for Basschat members

MSL Pro

16 hours ago, Reggaebass said:

Hi , I only use flats, what’s the tension like on them.🙂

Referring to my earlier pic of the Markbass JP Gold with one of my JV's...   I don't have anything else with flats on for a direct comparison, but the I would say the tension of the flats on the JP is pretty much the same as the JV, which is strung with 45-105 Elixir steels.  Elixir reckon the total tension on theirs are approx 171lbs...  not that that means much to my poor brain!  Hope that helps!

3 minutes ago, MoJoKe said:

Referring to my earlier pic of the Markbass JP Gold with one of my JV's...   I don't have anything else with flats on for a direct comparison, but the I would say the tension of the flats on the JP is pretty much the same as the JV, which is strung with 45-105 Elixir steels.  Elixir reckon the total tension on theirs are approx 171lbs...  not that that means much to my poor brain!  Hope that helps!

Thanks MoJoKe 

• Like 1

On 03/05/2020 at 08:45, Leonard Smalls said:

Should I have received a confirmation email after ordering? All I got was a payment authorisation from PayPal... Wouldn't expect the strings yet as I only ordered at 2030 on the 30th.

Edit: Oops - confirmation was hiding in my spam folder 😊

Not a problem, glad you spotted it!

Hi all, thank you to all who have taken up the offer so far!  Quote a few of your orders went out on Friday (I think some of you received on Saturday?), but the warehouse is having to work to a 1pm cutoff at the moment, so all others will be going today.  Hopefully you'll receive them tomorrow.

We're now starting to get a little low on the allocated stock on some of the more popular gauges, but the offer is still open and running until Midnight tonight, so please do bag 'em while they're still available!

Thanks for the great offer 3 sets ordered this morning.

I have not received a confirmation. e-mail yet should this be a concern?

Edited by Blind Lemon
Additional my apologies found email in spam

3 hours ago, Blind Lemon said:

Thanks for the great offer 3 sets ordered this morning.

I have not received a confirmation. e-mail yet should this be a concern?

Hiya, no concern!  They're on their way...!  We've re-sent all this mornings confirmations anyway, hopefully you've seen that.

Edited by MSL Pro
  • Thanks 1

Morning all!

This particular offer has now run its course. Thank you to everybody who took advantage and bought strings, we very much look forward to seeing your feedback!

Over the coming days they will become available through your favourite Markbass retailer and strings websites, if they don't have them listed yet, then please do ask for them!

In the meantime, the coupon code STRINGS20! for our own website will stay live for a while, so they can still be bought directly through us with 20% discount for the time being, along with the other ex-demo gear we have available there.

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Woodinblack said:

And the missing part of my order came this morning, thanks guys, you are really fast!

😁Thank you, Difficult to be consistent at the moment, but it's what we try and do every time!  Hope you enjoy the strings.

I ordered a set late Friday which arrived this morning. Very fast service and the strings look like a premium product. Many thanks for a very generous offer.

Now , which bass do I put them on??? Decisions, decisions 🙂

Fitted my sixer Groove nickel roundwounds today.  No yellow silk! Probably just as well, would have looked a trifle naff on my rather yellow bass. Went on OK and had a quality feel and look to the winding. Playing impressions so far:  more floppy than my previous La Bella RX nickel rounds, and slightly darker or more muffled in sound.  I mostly do chordal work on my six string so this slightly muffled sound isn't ideal.  But hey, I'm nuancing here and they've yet to bed in.  So far I'd given them a **** out of 5 and look forward to seeing how they work out as time goes on. Not sure I'd buy them again at the moment, but time may change my mind.  

Edited by lownote12

1 hour ago, lownote12 said:

Fitted my sixer roundwounds today.  No yellow silk! Probably just as well, would have looked a trifle naff on my rather yellow bass. Went on OK and had a quality feel and look to the winding. Playing impressions so far:  more floppy than my previous La Bella RX nickel rounds, and slightly darker or more muffled in sound.  I mostly do chordal work on my six string so this slightly muffled sound isn't ideal.  But hey, I'm nuancing here and they've yet to bed in.  So far I'd given them a **** out of 5 and look forward to seeing how they work out as time goes on. Not sure I'd buy them again at the moment, but time may change my mind.  

Which set was it you got?

My order arrived today - next business day, well packed.

I've fitted a set of Energy 45-100 stainless steel strings to my Greco GOBII, replacing an old set of Galli stainless strings. Measuring from the inner side of the ball end, the Energys have tapers between 92-93cm and total length 119cm, which is spot on for a top-loaded P/J-style bass (but may be marginal for through-body). No silks. The key for the ball colours is under the flap on the box, but it's obvious which string is which anyway.

The Energys are a bit brighter than the old Gallis but not spectacularly so, and with the tone rolled off a bit I'm very happy with the sound; plenty of mids and not excessively new-string-zingy. In terms of feel they're much smoother and more flexible than the Gallis. Comparing to Ernie Ball Super Slinkys on another bass, the Energys are about equally smooth and a little less flexible on the E/A, which is fine by me. So thumbs up so far!

If you did a 5-string set with tapers > 96cm then I'd buy another couple...

• Thanks 1

Update:  Had a further long play this morning. Can't get a decent clean tone out of them and especially the G string is dead. I've gone back to my La Bellas just to check and they're great. @MSL Pro can I return them? 

1 hour ago, lownote12 said:

Update:  Had a further long play this morning. Can't get a decent clean tone out of them and especially the G string is dead. I've gone back to my La Bellas just to check and they're great. @MSL Pro can I return them? 

Hi, you have PM!

2 hours ago, lownote12 said:

Bit cheeky if you're looking for a refund.

• Like 1

I received the nickels yesterday and I do like them. They are not at all zingy and feel quite old school which is different compared with most new strings out the box. They also have a higher tension than what I’m used to but they are probably just a heavier gauge. I’ll see how much wear they leave on the fretboard but I can see them being my new go to. 

I’m going to be interested in hearing about the flats and if they are more like la bellas or thomastiks. 

• ped locked this topic