Why become a member? ×

Markbass Strings launch offer for Basschat members

MSL Pro

Hi to all at Basschat from MSL Pro…. We’re the UK distributor for Markbass and some other fine brands!

MSL Pro looks after sales, marketing and service/support in the UK, working with the dealer network. We’re very happy to offer any advice/technical info you may need. If you want to talk to us rather than post here, it will probably be easier to message us or feel free to tag us @MSL Pro in your own posts (what we can’t do though is speculate for Italy on future products and other similar topics!).

Some of you will already know us from various guitar shows, and we were really hoping to meet more of you at the Manchester Bass Show in March, unfortunately we all know what got in the way of that… :(

Our plan for the show was to launch Markbass Strings and a bunch of other new stuff and, as usual for us, put some great show deals in place through our retail partners. So, the guys at Basschat have let us have a sponsored post to tell you more about Markbass Strings.

Rather than put a label on some good quality OEM factory made strings, they wanted to carry forward the local string-making tradition of the Abruzzo region and work with local craftsmen, so last autumn Markbass acquired D’Orazio Strings, whose origins can be traced back to 17th century. The machinery and the makers were moved to the Markbass factory and they are now in full production of handmade bass strings with five different electric bass options (flats, steels, nickels and soft touch in 4, 5 and 6 string sets with a selection of gauges) and double bass strings. They've already been reviewed here: http://www.mixdownmag.com.au/reviewed-markbass-groove-ns-5-045-125-bass-strings

If you would like to give them a try yourself, go and take a look at our newly updated website, where, using the unique Basschat discount code BCSTRINGS35 you’ll get a 35% discount until midnight on Monday.  The code is only useable once per member, but it is otherwise only limited by the stock currently available on the site! 

Our Website can be found at www.mslpro.co.uk , shipping is free for orders over £50, but only £2.99 for orders under £50.  You’ll also find some fantastic deals on the ex-demo gear we would have had at the Manchester show.  We know this has been publicised here before (thanks for that!), but do have another look. It’s been updated because we’ve found some more! We’ve also updated some prices 😊.

(All the amps, cabs and combos listed were un-boxed for the guitar show, ex-demo or returns, but are sold with a new warranty.  They range from “brand new but the box has been opened to put on the Birmingham Guitar Show/Manchester Bass Show stand”, to “been out to a dealer/reviewer/artist and come back… some of the packaging is a bit battered but what is inside is absolutely fine” and they’ve been priced accordingly.  It might even have been used by someone you’ve heard of!  Some of the DV Mark gear was used by Eric Gales last year and some by Cory Wong and his band in February!).

This is what they look like in the flesh...

Great eco packaging, a thin cardboard outer and a hermetically sealed recycled/recyclable plastic inner bag to keep them in perfect condition until you're ready to use them.

All the strings have colour coded ball ends (though we've still not seen a chart yet, to say what colours mean what!), and have no silk windings, except for the Vintage Flats, which have Yellow Silk at both ends (c'mon, this is Markbass, what did you expect!)

The lengths are all "long Scale" which is 94cm from ball end to the start of the taper...

2100725470_AdvancedStrings1.thumb.jpg.8b90f656cb404358bf84532b6196fcd4.jpg650938978_AdvancedStrings2.thumb.jpg.5f8061409c9027721f7016fdcea54f15.jpg

Edited by MSL Pro
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, ClassicVibes said:

What are the differences between each series? 

Hi, the strings are all hand wound onto a hexagonal high carbon content core.  The Energy and Groove strings are the "standard" line, Grooves are Nickels and Energy are Stainless Steels.  The Ultimate and Advanced are again Nickels and Steels respectively, but they are "Soft Touch" strings.  They feel softer, bendier and lower tension.

The Vintage strings are very highly hand polished flats, again Hexcore, wound with a mix of nickel and laminated steel wire.

Hope that helps!

• Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, krispn said:

Ordered a set lets see how they go! @MSL Pro I sent an email to you guys as there appears to be a typo with my order. D'oh! Ref is 1003

Seen that, thank you!

Our warehouse will, subject to the current C-19 issues, ship for next day delivery.  If you order before 1pm you should see your strings the following day.

2 minutes ago, Simon. said:

Very nice offer - thanks. 👍

Am I right in thinking that the flatwounds are only available as 4-string sets? Not 5's?

Our pleasure!  As of today, yes, only 4 string sets.  Always very dangerous to speculate, but we do expect the range to grow at some point!

4 minutes ago, dudewheresmybass said:

Are there any plans for 50-110 Stainless roundwounds? 
cant seem to see any listed on your website 😉

Hi, the range is growing, and more options will undoubtedly added, but not available yet... 

8 minutes ago, hooky_lowdown said:

@MSL Pro do the flatwounds have silk wraps at both ends? If so, what colour are they?

In true Blue Peter Style, I just happen to have one I made earlier!!! 

Here's a JP Gold bass with flats on...  I'd say the colour of the silk wraps are.... Markbass Yellow!  Quelle surprise!

They are wrapped at both ends.

Unknown.thumb.jpeg.2710f243fdf3079024adc6c873090e7c.jpeg

We've just noticed the stock is already low/out on the web shop for some of the more popular gauges.  We have a delivery being booked in this evening, so please do re-check tomorrow if the gauge you were after is showing out of stock, this should be remedied later... !

Edited by MSL Pro

1 hour ago, MSL Pro said:

In true Blue Peter Style, I just happen to have one I made earlier!!! 

Here's a JP Gold bass with flats on...  I'd say the colour of the silk wraps are.... Markbass Yellow!  Quelle surprise!

They are wrapped at both ends.

Unknown.thumb.jpeg.2710f243fdf3079024adc6c873090e7c.jpeg

Please can you send me this bass so I can get a closer look. Thanks.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, stewblack said:

Please can you send me this bass so I can get a closer look. Thanks.

Haha! It's actually not that far from you as we speak! I have that one at home, as I was supposed to be bringing it to the SW Bass Bash for you all to drool over! Happy to arrange hands-on when life starts being less locked down! 

• ped locked this topic