Why become a member? ×

Who would you have been seeing next before lockdown?

ubit

Was supposed to be Sepultura in June, whilst it hasn't been cancelled yet, I can't see it going ahead, particularly with the festivals they were playing having gone.

I just hope that things are going again by November for the Damnation Festival in Leeds, though they've suspended ticket sales for now

On 30/04/2020 at 17:59, Doctor J said:

I was supposed to fly to Desertfest in London tomorrow and to see Cory Wong with Metropole Orkest in Amsterdam at the end of the month.

I've seen Cory in London - awesome. The gig with The Metropole Orkest sounds great - 

I was supposed to see Kamasi Washington in Budapest at the end of June... Cancelled already.

Edited by PawelG

There's also talk now of a lot of countries (including the UK) introducing a 14 quarantine for all new arrivals as they ease off lockdown. For the EU this means the Schengen Area which gives touring bands access to a lot of countries after their 14 days in quarantine which is probably worth it. For the UK it means just the UK which for a handful of gigs at the most probably won't be worth the effort and hassle.

On 04/05/2020 at 08:49, Monkey Steve said:

Now that Bloodstock's officially been cancelled that's a full house for me

now the wait to see if the first of my rearranged gigs (Saxon at the start of September) is pulled

We were supposed to see Saxon first when Biff had his heart problems. Then the rescheduled gig was rescheduled and now there s a chance that won't happen either. I think we are destined to never see Saxon again ☹️

16 minutes ago, ubit said:

We were supposed to see Saxon first when Biff had his heart problems. Then the rescheduled gig was rescheduled and now there s a chance that won't happen either. I think we are destined to never see Saxon again ☹️

me too, and Saxon were also due to play Bloodstock as well...

I had a ticket to see Level 42 with the BBC Concert Orchestra at the London Palladium - just before the UK went into Lockdown.

Although the show was cancelled late in the day, this was 100% the right thing to do, and a full refund was given fairly promptly.

I'm hopeful of seeing them somewhere on their UK tour in late October/November, so fingers crossed this will happen.

On 30/04/2020 at 11:16, BigRedX said:

You've also got to wonder if the older and less healthy musicians will still be around come 2021...

That bothers me too. I was all set to hop over to the Netherlands to see Ellen Foley when lockdown put the kybosh on my plans. She's currently holed up in the sticks away from New York, and I hope she comes through it OK, but she's pushing seventy now and living in der Trump Reich. If she succumbs to C19, I really will have it in for Herr Tweetler.

On 01/05/2020 at 13:02, Hobbayne said:

I had tickets to see The Bootleg Beatles at the Albert Hall. They were doing the entire Abbey Road and Let It Be albums live track by track. >:(

I saw them at the Usher Hall here in Edinburgh back in December. It was a fabulous gig - I hope you get the chance to see them after lockdown's lifted.

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, lozkerr said:

I saw them at the Usher Hall here in Edinburgh back in December. It was a fabulous gig - I hope you get the chance to see them after lockdown's lifted.

Its been rescheduled for next April. My tickets still valid. 😊

• Like 1