Why become a member? ×

Who would you have been seeing next before lockdown?

ubit

5 minutes ago, ubit said:

I would give up on that one mate. Even if lockdown stops tomorrow I reckon gigs will take a while after that to get going.

Don't get me wrong Ubit, I have no hope of it happening.

I'm more concerned that the websites for Gn'R, Ticketmaster & THFC are not doing/saying anything about it!

Edited by Noisyjon
?
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, NickD said:

Given how they are for getting on stage late, it'll probably be September anyway!

Not any more Nick! They have been hitting the stage sharp the last few years.

Amazing what a mega-multi-million $ tour does to ones attitude 😂

• Haha 1

Looks like "social distancing" will be the last thing to be relaxed. F1 and other sports want to start early and run behind closed doors. Can't see that working on a gig, so I'd be surprised to see any events involving audiences happening before Christmas, or more likely sometime in 2021.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, chris_b said:

Looks like "social distancing" will be the last thing to be relaxed. F1 and other sports want to start early and run behind closed doors. Can't see that working on a gig, so I'd be surprised to see any events involving audiences happening before Christmas, or more likely sometime in 2021.

yeah, that seems to be the case. 

The only thing I have tickets for which hasn't been called off is the Bloodstock festival in August, and I know they are still hoping it will be allowed to happen because they  are a small independent festival and cancelling will have a big impact...but all the noise seems to be saying that even if we're back at work and allowed to go shopping again, social gatherings aren't likely to be allowed for a long time

1 hour ago, Noisyjon said:

Not any more Nick! They have been hitting the stage sharp the last few years.

Amazing what a mega-multi-million $ tour does to ones attitude 😂

I think it's more when Slash and Duff rejoined the band and they started getting these big money offers... I believe included in the contract was something along the lines of "You will be on stage at xxx and play for xxx minutes or you won't get paid". 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Roger2611 said:

So far I have lost Stiff Little Fingers and Gene Loves Jezebel in March, 999, Hazel O'Conner and Toyah in April, all but 999 dates have been rescheduled so hopefully I will still get to the gigs at some point  

Love Gene Loves Jezebel

We had planned to go to Blue Dot at Jodrell Bank this July. I'd been particularly looking forward to see Groove Armada, Squarepusher, Roisin Murphy and A Certain Ratio.  For the sake of the mrs and the 15 year sproglette I'd also booked Download but am secretly grateful I don't have to go now👌

There were a few scheduled within a short time of each other;

Darius Brubeck at a local Methodist hall in Loughton in April (cancelled and not rescheduled)

Jeff Beck at the Albert Hall in May (put back a year to May 2021)

Snarky Puppy at Ronnie Scotts in June (not heard anything about this yet but assume it will be cancelled)

I was really looking forward to all of them! 

We would have been going to the Montreux Jazz Festival but that has been cancelled and I can't see our holiday taking place either.  We were also looking to book for a Barry Manilow concert (Mrs. LeftyP is a fan) but that won't be happening anytime soon!

2 hours ago, Mickeyboro said:

Me too! We’d probably have been two seats apart...

Excellent, looking forward to next year! I've seen him a few times, really like his style. I was a student at Portsmouth Poly as it was then and got to see BB King at the Guild Hall - probably 1988, fabulous he was too. 

• Like 1

Not music gigs, but had tickets to see Frank Skinner, and also The Sopranos! (3 of the leading cast in a behind the scenes and Q&A type presentation !) FS  gig will be rescheduled but doubt whether The Sopranos will risk coming over any time soon.

We are supposed to be seeing The Eagles at Wembley Stadium on August 29th. I bought the tickets as a present for Mrs. M and even though I'm not a fan it'll be a nice way to spend an evening. As such I'm not massively worried if it's cancelled but we decided to make a long weekend of it, being a bank holiday weekend, so I've booked a rather swanky hotel for Saturday and Sunday night. We haven't heard anything about the concert and I'm not sure which way to proceed. If I assume it'll be cancelled and cancel the hotel, but the concert then goes ahead, we've got nowhere to stay. If I assume the concert will go ahead but then it's cancelled at the last minute, I'll lose my hotel money. I paid in full because I don't like having things to pay for outstanding. Also need to sort out travel as I can't be arsed to drive up and pay for three days parking in central London, but that could be money down the pan as well. 

I know in the grand scheme of things it doesn't really matter but it would be nice to know what's happening. 

To be honest, I'm not sure I want to be in a stadium with 80,000 others, or spend three days in central London at the moment anyway. 

I was supposed to be in New Orleans at the start of April where I was planning to see local blues and swing bands every night. 

Also had tickets for Pigsx7, who would've played last night in and desertfest that would've been on today and all weekend in Camden. Gutted to be missing out! 

Next for me would have been Magnum in May now rescheduled for next Feb. Only others I was committed to are Deep Purple and Kansas later this year, dont think either of those have been cancelled yet.

Edited by KevB
  • Like 1