Why become a member? ×

Who would you have been seeing next before lockdown?

ubit

In light of the recent situation the "who are you seeing next?" thread has become somewhat redundant. I just thought I might ask who you would have seen if the lockdown hadn't stopped all forms of musical enjoyment.

Personally we have missed Saxon- Was looking forward to this as they were the first band I ever saw live.

Rammstein- Very disappointed as we love them and are worried that they won't come back, speaking of which, a few years ago we had tickets to see The Foo Fighters and The Black Keys. Both were cancelled due to injuries to personnel. Dave Grohl broken leg, Patrick sore shoulder. the Foos came back within a couple of months with Dave playing in a chair and The Black keys have never come back. It shows who cares about their fans more!

I had just about given up on the postponed King's X gigs from last year being rescheduled. Then 'this' happened and I considered asking for a refund. Lo and behold they then announced new autumn dates for which my original ticket is still valid. However, I'm not optimistic about them actually going ahead. I've also held off buying tickets for Steve Hillage later this year.

Edited by arthurhenry

I got told to stay home on the Wednesday, and it would have been Stiff Little Fingers and Nev Staples on that Saturday... That's been rescheduled for September.

This month would have been Nick Cave... That's now next April. 😭

• Sad 2

Don't let the press brainwash you - we don't have a lockdown.  We can still all leave our houses for a multitude of legitimate reasons, which we would not be able to do in an actual lock down.  The Daily Mail started this rubbish and the other outlets followed in the slipstream of hysteria.

I'm not formally scheduled to see any acts until October, when I have tickets to see Jethro Tull in Aylesbury and the next day in Leicester.  That may or may not still go ahead.  Before then I would likely have seen some local acts, or possibly bought last minute tickets to see big names as targets of cheap opportunity.

Edited by Bassfinger
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Bassfinger said:

Don't let the press brainwash you - we don't have a lockdown.  We can still all leave our houses for a multitude of legitimate reasons, which we would not be able to do in an actual lock down.  The Daily Mail started this rubbish and the other outlets followed in the slipstream of hysteria.

I'm not formally scheduled to see any acts until October, when I have tickets to see Jethro Tull in Aylesbury and the next day in Leicester.  That may or may not still go ahead.  Before then I would likely have seen some local acts, or possibly bought last minute tickets to see big names as targets of cheap opportunity.

I would disagree mate. We have a beach just out of town. I always used to drive there to walk the dog. Ive heard people have been told to go home from there by the Police. No shops open, streets empty, no bars, no entertainment. I know by the strictest definition of the word it isn't a lockdown but I would say its pedantic to say it isn't actually a lockdown.

edit: Plus if it was a complete lockdown, how could anyone survive for 6 weeks?

Edited by ubit
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, NickD said:

I got told to stay home on the Wednesday, and it would have been Stiff Little Fingers and Nev Staples on that Saturday... That's been rescheduled for September.

Same for me, was really looking forward to it, I hope the  proposed September date will go ahead but of course that’s a bit far off at moment to speculate.

• Like 1

Was supposed to be having a weekend in London to see Saxon, gig had originally been postponed from last year. Even though it has been rescheduled I've just asked for my money back on that one. 

Should have been at the Edinburgh Playhouse on Monday just passed to see Joe Bonammasa. That seems to have been cancelled completely, though I've not had a refund as yet.

Away from music I had got tickets for the Men's semi-finals at Wimbledon this year, obviously though that is no longer taking place.

All I have in the calendar now is Thunder in Glasgow in November ...

1 hour ago, ubit said:

Rammstein- Very disappointed as we love them and are worried that they won't come back, speaking of which, a few years ago we had tickets to see The Foo Fighters and The Black Keys. Both were cancelled due to injuries to personnel. Dave Grohl broken leg, Patrick sore shoulder. the Foos came back within a couple of months with Dave playing in a chair and The Black keys have never come back. It shows who cares about their fans more!

I had purchased Turn Blue and was a big fan of that album. I very quickly snapped up tickets and then they did that. Don't think I'll bother going to see them after that. I already saw them on the El Camino tour anyway. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Noisyjon said:

Got a weird one here - Guns N Roses, Tottenham Hotspur, 29th May.

Still on, no cancellation or postponement at the moment!!!???

I would give up on that one mate. Even if lockdown stops tomorrow I reckon gigs will take a while after that to get going.

Just now, ubit said:

I would give up on that one mate. Even if lockdown stops tomorrow I reckon gigs will take a while after that to get going.

Given how they are for getting on stage late, it'll probably be September anyway!

2 hours ago, ubit said:

In light of the recent situation the "who are you seeing next?" thread has become somewhat redundant. I just thought I might ask who you would have seen if the lockdown hadn't stopped all forms of musical enjoyment.

Personally we have missed Saxon- Was looking forward to this as they were the first band I ever saw live.

Saxon for me too - Hammersmith in March, rearranged from last year when Biff had a little medical difficulty, and with the same support

Already rescheduled for September, but we'll have to see if social distancing is still in place then

• Like 1