Why become a member? ×

*** SOLD to P *** Fender Deluxe Active Jazz V . Surf Pearl **. Deliv included within UK and EU
£725
Suffolk

Quent

Here’s my Beautiful 2016 hardly used Fender MIMexico Deluxe Active Jazz V bass which is still a current model. Now with excellent condition Fender gig bag . Typical current price new is £969 at GAK so now selling £394 under that , and £1049 on Fender’s site. Grab a bargain price soon before I withdraw the bass from Basschat.

This bass is in excellent condition apart from one tiny body paint chip under the neck pocket , see pics but it’s out of sight and just the Size of a sugar granule. When I got it in Jan 2019 from GGuitar Glasgow there was no adjustment left to lower the action so I’ve shimmed it , full pocket, with a Stewmac maple shim. See pics. Worked a treat and screws just nipped up properly, not over tightened ( thread and gloss finish protection). I’m selling because I was so impressed.......I’ve since bought a preowned Am Elite Jazz V so this is for sale now. Brilliant pickups and totally Noiseless as intended. The EQ is plenty powerful and versatile. 

Brand new Fender guard from WD Music still has the film on. Hardly used D’Addario nickel rounds 130-45.

Gigbag is ** Now upgraded to a good Fender Gigbag **  for delivery protection and I’m a good packer. Will use Euro Sender as per recommended by Basschat site.

Weighs 4.4 kg , 9lbs 12 oz. Alder body, lovely paint job, Pau Ferro fretboard with my Adhesive blocks on it but I’ll peel them off if you wish. They don’t leave adhesive behind and I’ll oil/clean the fingerboard afterwards even though  it has a very clean board anyway and was last oiled 6 months ago before being stickerised. They don’t affect playability at all. NO neck dive at all , very well balanced when standing for gigging.

The strap buttons are old black Schaller which it came with and worked for me and my straps. I can put some Fender ones on from another bass. Just let me know.

Here are the Spec and Description with pics below. The one  on a counter ( back view  ) are the ones GGuitar sent me. 2 stock Fender photos at the end.

Any queries fire away as a reply below will help others , and if interested please PM me. 

Good luck and Keep Safe you lot !

Full Description

Alder Body

The Deluxe Jazz Bass V has an alder body, delivering a strong, full-bodied sound with beefy mids and excellent lows. The wood offers sizzling highs with an incredible sustain, combined with the semi-hollow design produces an improved tele sound. The 5-saddle HiMass bridge improves the sustain and resonance of each note, enhancing the basses attack to create a powerful tone that’s full of personality. The bass also features vintage style, black plastic control knobs, a black pickguard, nickel/chrome hardware, and a surf pearl finish to show of the woods figuring.

Maple Neck and Pau Ferro Fingerboard

The basses maple neck contributes some tightness and cut the overall tonality, creating an edge of sizzle in the highs and bright characteristics. The pau ferro fingerboard helps to fur up the maple's tone, giving it a little warmth and sweetness to produce sparkling highs and thick lows. The maple/pau ferro combination creates an open mid-range with a snappy attack, while its modern “C” shape offers a comfortable play, and its 12” radius and 20 medium jumbo frets provide a familiar feel.

Vintage Noiseless Jazz Bass Pickups

The Fender Jazz Bass features a pair of Vintage Noisless Jazz Bass pickups positioned in the bridge and middle positions, producing incredible growls and a powerful sonic personality. The bright, full tones of the pickups cut through the mix easily, allowing the bass to be heard clearly while retaining its punch and low end. Also featuring active/passive switching, the Deluxe bass can access both vintage and modern voices, while its 3-band EQ allows control over the treble, mids, and bass.

Resonant Synthetic Bone Nut

Featuring a carefully fitted synthetic bone nut the Deluxe Jazz Bass delivers an increased resonance and brighter tonality. When compared to traditional plastic and Tusq materials used to construct guitar nuts, synthetic bone improves the vibration transfer between the string and tuning machines without dampening the tone.

Specifications

Body & Bridge

Body:Alder

Bridge:5-Saddle Fender HiMass

Scale:34"

Construction:Bolt-On

Finish:Surf Pearl

Neck & Fingerboard

Neck:Maple

Profile:“C”

Fingerboard:Pau Ferro

Radius:12”

Frets:20 Medium Jumbo

Inlays:White Pearloid Inlays

Nut:Synthetic Bone

Width at Nut:1 7/8 inch , 47.6mm

Electronics & Hardware

Bridge Pickup:Dual Coil Noiseless Jazz

Middle Pickup:Dual Coil Noiseless Jazz

Controls:Volume/Pan Control/3-Band EQ

Machine Heads:Deluxe Cast/Sealed Locking w/ Vintage Style Button

Knobs:Vintage Style Black Plastic

Pickguard:3-Ply Black/White/Black

Hardware:Nickle/Chrome

My photos except photo 10 is  at GGuitar Glasgow before I took delivery. Bottom 2 are Stock pics.

ED0C3A52-6006-4472-9C67-2E41CBA6498B.jpeg

8D09DDE0-7B87-462B-8C4A-2B821A7AC36D.jpeg

678C50D5-A5E2-4A4A-9D8E-47E9EFA2D412.jpeg

7F3A9C2D-7048-4756-8E3C-A0AC1A4CADEB.jpeg

C48BD73C-4EEC-4FDC-99A0-0EDDC715A0D8.jpeg

224FF2D8-FD2B-4D7B-A13C-3541DE0855F4.jpeg

CFCAE762-608B-445A-BCDC-D01239C9CAB5.jpeg

30140BEE-0EFA-4185-999F-7E92DB5F17AE.jpeg

99434063-BF4A-41B9-B30B-BCF9B6152265.jpeg

71A738DC-F92B-447C-8771-67625E59A0F7.jpeg

22AB17B8-D38C-46B5-AC92-4F7EA0514A52.jpeg

9814EC22-5533-4267-AEC9-8969338368C2.jpeg

55E0D6B9-9997-4B4C-BF64-158F0815A005.jpeg

Edited by Quent
Further DROP £575. Dropped offers tag.Reduced photos to Best ones.EU delivery added. Fender gig bag added. Added MIMexico for clarity
  • Like 3

This bass is now £394 under GAKs price for this still current Fender. £575 is a great price so don’t miss out. Make me a close offer and it’s all yours. Brilliant noiseless pickups. Jazz for all genres of music. Have a good weekend keeping safe. Cheers. Quent.

Edited by Quent
Price drop so re calc on numbers.

Thanks my friend. Alternatively new ones are available from Fender for £1049 currently. Bank Holiday GAS anybody?!  🤪 You know you deserve it !! 

**** NOW £ 575 *** but only near offers. I’ll remove soon, no more offer price drops folks. Enjoy your weekends. May the Bass be with you !!  🤘 🤓

Edited by Quent
Updated price drop info

• MB1 locked this topic