Why become a member? ×

One for Genesis nerds - In the Cage... on a Jazz?

wateroftyne

Awesome, thanks for posting - never seen this version before thanks to it being left off the Live at Wembley Stadium film. The story was that seeing as ITC appeared on the previous Mama Tour and Three Sides Live videos, then no one would be interested in seeing it a thrid time round so lets change the film reels during the song this time round - every night for four nights.

All tight shots though, no long distance full stage footage, and three weeks before Wembley. Could have been a run-through or dress rehearsal to make sure their jacket sleeves were properly rolled up.

Also I've played this a thousand times in my Genesis tribute days, it's nice to see and hear properly where I was doing it wrong all that time.

Also also - nice to see Phil when he could still drum, and his voice is still in pretty good shape too.

Edited by toneknob

2 minutes ago, wateroftyne said:

Actually, they had the big screens in '87, didn't they? It's probably the feed for that, with it being tight shots.

I had to check the back of the DVD case, but yes you're right, one screen on either side of the stage.

Bit of a faff changing from Jazz bass to Steinberger guitar and back to the Jazz for Afterglow though - wonder why he didn't use a double-neck for this tour? (although I'm not 100% convinced he didn't)

By jove that Cage/Quiet Earth/Apocalypse medley is fantastic though. Back in the day we used to mix up the component parts of the Cage medley from different tours; a favourite was Cage/Cinema Show/Slipperman/Quiet Earth/Apocalypse.