Why become a member? ×

Precision GAS, around the £600 mark...update!

Raslee

On 18/05/2020 at 20:53, Raslee said:

Nice, which Sandberg did you get?  The amp setup is a simple Hartke rig with the HX 112 cab and the notorious  Hartke TX600...the amp gets a lot of bad reviews for being under powered but i haven't really found this to be the case - it's very gig worthy.....i really like it's core tone and Compressor.

The VS4 California etc. - it's utterly brilliant. The bass is hugely resonant and impeccably well made. WIll certainly be looking to pick up another in due course! My only gripe is that the neck is slight large (I'm used to an EBMM Sterling!)

16 hours ago, Raslee said:

Well....just when we thought this thread was dead. Still totally loving the Profile bass to bits, in fact it's bloody brilliant and it's going nowhere (anytime soon anyhow 😂), ...and you know there's a big 'but' coming...well, a bit of penny saving and I've just pushed the pay button one of these - it really was between this or the Profile...funk it i'll have both:

sandberg-electra-ii-vs4-bk-mfb.thumb.jpg.dce8d07e0c122116384e7aeae3ebd5ff.jpg

£570 from kytary.co.uk - I need a maple, i don't do black, er um! One P for flats and one rounds perhaps....Right the wait begins ;)

Great choice - Sandberg's are still underrated for some reason. Good for us in the know!

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, ClassicVibes said:

Great choice - Sandberg's are still underrated for some reason. Good for us in the know!

Absolutely, my 5 string Classic Booster Custom is impeccable and by far the best 5 I’ve ever owned - it plays itself. I can see me getting a Sandberg jazz further down the line 😂

I have been Gassing about getting a P Bass.

The Bruce Thomas profile and the Sandberg Bass are both at top of my list. 

Would love to hear you thoughts and comparisons  between the two.  

Once you have had time to let your new aquation settle in its new home.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Reggaebass said:

That’s well nice Raslee ☝️, how does it sound 

Cheers mate, Yeah i like it, i kinda went off black basses and was going to get the cream version but the maple & black combo is a killer look and glad i went for this now.

Soundwise it's as expected being quite different to the passive Bruce Thomas Profile bass - being active it's quite versatile and modern i would say - very rich and full, nice reggae with the bass turned right up and treble off. Bass down and treble up gives that really bright clanky punk sound - perhaps a little too hissy in the highs. Quality is astounding, wonderful neck and a quick tweak of the truss rod has given me a really good low action. Wit the bass a 2 o'clock and treble at 10 gives a nice warm vibe which i'm liking at the mo for a bit of funk jamming. It's light too which is a bonus., for £577 it's a real bargain. It really is chalk and cheese with the Profile bass...which is a good thing for me.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, mikeycrikey said:

I have been Gassing about getting a P Bass.

The Bruce Thomas profile and the Sandberg Bass are both at top of my list. 

Would love to hear you thoughts and comparisons  between the two.  

Once you have had time to let your new aquation settle in its new home.

I'll give it a few days as the Sandberg is in it's honeymoon period...but my first impressions were more astounded with the Sandberg than the Profile, that said though the Profile really is a fantastic bass.

I've been playing an active bass a lot lately, and switching back to a passive pbass with flats is, at first, like taking a big gulp of coffee when you were expecting tea. 

I'm with Ras on this. The difference is so wide that you win by having both. 

Time will tell which one you reach for most. 

• Like 2

On 03/06/2020 at 18:56, Raslee said:

Cheers mate, Yeah i like it, i kinda went off black basses and was going to get the cream version but the maple & black combo is a killer look and glad i went for this now.

Soundwise it's as expected being quite different to the passive Bruce Thomas Profile bass - being active it's quite versatile and modern i would say - very rich and full, nice reggae with the bass turned right up and treble off. Bass down and treble up gives that really bright clanky punk sound - perhaps a little too hissy in the highs. Quality is astounding, wonderful neck and a quick tweak of the truss rod has given me a really good low action. Wit the bass a 2 o'clock and treble at 10 gives a nice warm vibe which i'm liking at the mo for a bit of funk jamming. It's light too which is a bonus., for £577 it's a real bargain. It really is chalk and cheese with the Profile bass...which is a good thing for me.

My VS4 has active/passive switching, which I didn't know I needed up till now!! It's in the passive mode 90% of the time, I much prefer it for P-bass tones.

23 hours ago, PaulThePlug said:

Those markerless fret boards look luverly...

So soothing to the eye...

Presumably there are still markers along the edge?

Nah it's all guesswork, which is why Sandberg players all sound out of tune half the time. 

It probably just didn't occur to one of the world's premier bass manufacturers to include such a vital component ;)

Edited by Danny_777
  • Haha 1