Why become a member? ×

Power Brick

Born 2B Mild

A question for you pedal experts...

I've got a Dunlop DC10 power brick and want to power seven 9v pedals from it. Sadly, I've lost the cables and need to order.

Should I buy seven separate cables, or can a single daisy chain lead work from just one of its outputs?

dunlopbrick.jfif

Edited by Born 2B Mild

34 minutes ago, Cathode_Follower said:

You could daisy-chain the DC10 as the 7 x 9v outputs are not isolated from one another, however best practice would still be to use separate cables.

I will certainly do what is safest, but seven cables might be more messy than one. Thanks for your comments. I've not dared use so many pedals before but I want to stereo in to two rigs with different FX per channel.

The stated maximum current draw of 375mA seems conservative for 7 pedals, you may risk overloading the supply.

You may want to check the specs of all your pedals so make sure you wont exceed this. http://stinkfoot.se/power-list is a good resource if you cant find info on the pedal itself of from the manufacturer.

However it is also worth mentioning that if you're going to be bi-amping you will very likely run into some ground loop issues if running everything off the same supply.

4 hours ago, Cathode_Follower said:

The stated maximum current draw of 375mA seems conservative for 7 pedals, you may risk overloading the supply.

You may want to check the specs of all your pedals so make sure you wont exceed this. http://stinkfoot.se/power-list is a good resource if you cant find info on the pedal itself of from the manufacturer.

However it is also worth mentioning that if you're going to be bi-amping you will very likely run into some ground loop issues if running everything off the same supply.

Here are the Current Draw figures. NB: I wont be using them all at the same time.

MOOER PEDAL Current Draw mA
Pure Octave 128
Yellow Comp 10
Acoutstikar 17
Shim Verb 128
Groove Loop 140
Baby Tuner 90
Reecho Delay 128
Graphic G 7

SansAmp Bass Driver DI v.1 6
Total 654