Why become a member? ×

Daisy power from a Dunlop brick

Born 2B Mild

A question for you pedal experts...

I've got a Dunlop DC10 power brick and want to power seven 9v pedals from it. Sadly, I've lost the cables and need to order.

Should I buy seven separate cables, or can a single daisy chain lead work from just one of its outputs?

https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&url=https%3A%2F%2Fen.audiofanzine.com%2Fac-pedal-adapters%2Fdunlop%2Fdc10-dc-brick%2Fuser_reviews%2F&psig=AOvVaw3BdX8P_FD4oup2bzf3YqYY&ust=1588188509674000&source=images&cd=vfe&ved=0CAIQjRxqFwoTCNDa8u_ui-kCFQAAAAAdAAAAABAD

Should be OK provided your total load doesn't exceed 375 Ma. The individual outputs are not isolated, so you effectively have a daisy-chain of 9V ouputs inside the box anyway. The 18v outputs provide 625 Ma between them and there's no transformer in that part of the circult - the 18V outputs come straight off the 18v wall wart that powers the unit.

I have one of these and I have a daisy chain somewhere so can do an experiment if you can wait until this evening for the results.

Well it works for 2 or 3 pedals, and I don't think you'll blow anything up - if there isn't enough current it just means some pedals won't work properly.

I don't think the circuitry in these bricks does a great deal, and you might get a very similar result by using a 9V wall wart and a daisy chain.