Why become a member? ×

Feedback for Scrumpymike

DavidMcKay

Swopped a beautiful classically-styled Cazpar 4 fretless for a complete tone monster of a bass - a Spector Bantam - from scrumpymike.

A gentleman of integrity that I would not hesitate to recommend. Clear and swift communications from a trustworthy Basschatter. Thanks Mike!

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...

I have just bought a Mesa Subway D800+ from Mike. The whole experience was first class - communication, description of the item, packaging and pricing...not to mention a really nice guy. I would highly recommend Mike to any Basschatter.

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...

Just received a beautiful fretless from Mike - perfectly packed and exactly as described - mint.  It's also a lovely player with a gorgeous, surprisingly versatile tonal palette (especially for a singly pickup, passive bass).  Communications throughout were perfect and it was great to chat with one of Basschat's most avid fretless players.  Deal in confidence, a star in Basschat's firmament

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, three said:

Just received a beautiful fretless from Mike - perfectly packed and exactly as described - mint.  It's also a lovely player with a gorgeous, surprisingly versatile tonal palette (especially for a singly pickup, passive bass).  Communications throughout were perfect and it was great to chat with one of Basschat's most avid fretless players.  Deal in confidence, a star in Basschat's firmament

Thanks Loz - but I think you meant to say "avid short-scale players" - describing me as even an "average fretless player" would be a gross exaggeration 😉

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Just bought a cab from Mike which he kindly agreed to package up for a courier. Now, I pride myself on packaging things pretty well but I must doff the proverbial to Mike on this. Absolutely bomb proof.

Great communication throughout, a great piece of kit exactly as described and packaged within an inch of it's life. What more could you ask for?

Many thanks again 👍

• Thanks 1

• 2 years later...

Just bought and received a Barefaced Super Compact from Mike. What an absolute pleasure of a transaction. The cab is in “as new” condition and it was packed so professionally that my original Barefaced from the company wasn’t as well protected. Great communication and guidance from a true gent. Buy with confidence as I will have no hesitation in dealing with Scrumpymike again in the future. Basschat at its best.

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Visited Mike yesterday to buy an EBMM short scale Stingray bass. Wonderful experience all round, great communication, and wouldn't hesitate to have further dealings again in future. Mr & Mrs Scrumpy couldn't have been more generous with their hospitality (and cake!) and talked me into attending the South-West Bass Bash later this year, so will be seeing them again soon. 

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Mike recently bought my Fender Rumble combo. The transaction went exactly as we’d agreed via our PM’s which was great as I was out of the country working at the time of collection.  Fabulous buyer, highly recommended. 

Thanks Mike! 

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...