Why become a member? ×

Lockdown time fillers

scrumpymike

Without mentioning the 'C' words, many of us are struggling a bit to find stuff to fill our excessive down-time and may welcome some suggestions.  To set the ball rolling, I just happened upon this really neat video of a Joan Armatrading concert at the Rockpalast in '79.  IMHO well worth an hour and a half of anybody's time.  Even if you're not a big fan, this is a great performance by JA at her peak supported by an amazing band (even if she and excellent lead guitarist Ricky Hirsch did need 3 goes at starting one of the numbers!!).  Bassist Bill Bodine puts in a great performance on a bass with the single letter 'R' on the headstock - anybody know what this is?

Apologies in advance in case there's already a similar topic running.

Joan Armatrading '79 Rockpalast gig

Joan is sheer class.  The first album was a killer, and i still own a copy, though now on CD.  A treasure  in my music armoury for over 35 years.  Great band too

Love the tone of that BC Rich through his Acoustic 370 rig,   especially on the Show Some Emotion track

Edited by fleabag
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, Mykesbass said:

OK, I'll knock that ball in a slightly different direction, albeit staying on German TV. This to me is how live performances ought to be. 

Stevie Wonder's early seventies output is staggeringly good - it transcends mere music. I wonder what he thinks about Mistra Know It All still being relevant. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Nickoreed

I love BC rich , not all metal hehe.. looking for a mockingbird ... I sold it in the 90s to go to London ... I loved that tone and neck through body .. the originals 100% hand made :)