Why become a member? ×

Practice books. Recommended

danny-79

1 hour ago, danny-79 said:

All the Good Stuff Book. 

How are you getting on with it using a four string bass or are you not (not using a four string)

. I’m really for the first time ever wishing I had a high C 

I am mainly a 4 string player but I do have a 5 string with a high C. 

I would take it as a challenge to find fingerings on parts of the fret broad you might not normally use, or alternatively you could right hand tap the high notes. 

2 hours ago, Crawford13 said:

I am mainly a 4 string player but I do have a 5 string with a high C. 

I would take it as a challenge to find fingerings on parts of the fret broad you might not normally use, or alternatively you could right hand tap the high notes. 

there has to be a way around it and right hand fret tap is a great suggestion, can’t think of any other way. 

Its like theses are the notes but doesn’t work all on the same string. 

Great book though very inspiring stuff 

I’m abit late on this, but I really recommend this one. Regularly reference this as a starting point, which eventually I aim to do less and less, using it as a sort of tool to help me understand the fretboard really. Its been sweet in recent times too, for example my mate will send me a clip of a riff he’s working on and he’s like ‘key of whatever’ and il have a little read up to see what I can work with and just have noodle, see what lines I can conjure up with it. 

Really useful way of understanding the fretboard, I reckon so anyway. It’s a hefty book. It’s got all the scales in every key and where you can play different variations of them across the whole neck, same with all the arpeggios, each laid out on mini fretboard diagrams up to the 17th fret, colour coded the lot it’s a beaut! 

I picked it up for like 12 quid off amazon, it’s an extremely useful tool to have. Keep it in my gigbag all the time now. 

https://www.halleonard.com/product/201827/bass-fretboard-atlas 

F5FF8FBC-7602-4E63-BE50-2F3FE9E6D7CA.jpeg

3579B1B2-6538-4169-892D-6685B2E597B6.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

• 2 weeks later...