Why become a member? ×

PSA: Blackstar BEAM Offer £150. 24 - 27 April

MrBen

These are really good. I play guitar and bass so my one of these is a great little workstation for learning stuff. Input for MP3 player / CDs etc to play along to.

Especially in the current climate it’s my only chance of playing at home at any decent level or thru headphones. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, bassbiscuits said:

These are really good. I play guitar and bass so my one of these is a great little workstation for learning stuff. Input for MP3 player / CDs etc to play along to.

Especially in the current climate it’s my only chance of playing at home at any decent level or thru headphones. 

Thats really good to know @bassbiscuits as I've ordered one :D  I've been eyeing the up for ages as it means I can get rid of the temperamental 90's Marshall practice amp I was given (it works if you tip it. back at an angle :/ ) and my 8" Peavey Bass amp and free up some space in the back room.

I’ll be honest I didn’t find it the best for using with bass thru the speaker. It’s decent but not massively loud or anything. My 20w Orange Crush combo (much bigger) is my usual practise amp with other people.

For guitar sounds it is fantastic tho - much nicer than the Roland Cube I was using before. 

In terms of an all-round workstation for practicing, learning stuff, with really good effects for both guitar and bass I think it’s a great bit of kit that I use all the time. 

6 minutes ago, MrBen said:

All I want it for is home practice. When I get to the point of getting out the house and playing with people I'd like something bigger. The practice amp I have atm won't keep up. with anyone else in the room!

Ah it’ll be grand then. It’s a really useful bit of kit.