Why become a member? ×

hello from Merseyside

taddy

Hi my name is Dave,  i was originally a guitarist with a rock band well 2nd guitar to be precise

haven't played since the 80s we used to support headliners played pubs a few theatres 

and even toned it down for the club circuit.

recently met up with my old band members and we decided to start practicing again 

the bass player didn't rejoin so that left the lead guitarist drummer and me, so i volunteered to play bass

after all it couldn't be so hard? huh little did i know :)

guitars i own bass wise?

Squier / fender vintage modified jazz

Squier/fender classic vibe p bass

Epiphone IV Thunderbird (that's giving me grief at the moment)

and a 2005 american red and white Fender stratocaster 

also a member of talk bass but american times are crazy

they are in bed when i'm about and vice versa

so i look forward to talking bass, learning tricks, and improving myself as a bass player!

regards to all

Edited by taddy
correct spelling
  • Like 4

On 26/04/2020 at 18:54, FinnDave said:

Another Dave…but welcome anyway! My wife is sitting opposite me on the phone to her cousin in Wallasey right now. We would have been up there this weekend if this virus crap hadn't happened.

Hiya Dave i used to work on birkenhead waterfront at the side of Cammel lairds, so i know the wirral and surrounding areas quite well :) thanks for the welcome👍

On 27/04/2020 at 10:24, Skybone said:

Alright Dave.

Thankfully, there's a bit more common sense on here than on the other well known bass forum. 😉😀

Ha ha agreed :) thanks for your welcome Skybone 👍 much appreciated

Alright La!  Welcome to the forum from an Expatriate Scouser now living Down South.

Friendly bunch on here (even the Mancs! 😉) and you can learn a heck of a lot from all sorts of people.

Unfortunately, you will also develop bad habits about "needing" more/better gear from seeing what other people on here have....that's the trade-off I'm afraid.  Worth it though.

Oh and another Red on here can only be good.

On 29/04/2020 at 15:11, mangotango said:

Alright La!  Welcome to the forum from an Expatriate Scouser now living Down South.

Friendly bunch on here (even the Mancs! 😉) and you can learn a heck of a lot from all sorts of people.

Unfortunately, you will also develop bad habits about "needing" more/better gear from seeing what other people on here have....that's the trade-off I'm afraid.  Worth it though.

Oh and another Red on here can only be good.

Cheers Mango about needing more gear?:shok: just bought a set of 62 fender p base pups, a ibanez short scale  tbm 30

a blinkin boss rc3 loop foot pedal. loads of luthier stuff :) but on a brighter note thanks for your welcome, its good to be here, stay safe down there👍

8 hours ago, taddy said:

That's quite possible :) but i already soldered the 62 pups into this and what a difference :)

cv.jpg

Gerrard appears to approve, albeit with abject coolness. A footballer possibly? “Jeeves, Google Gerrard would you, good man, I'll be in the library.”

Edited by Frank Blank
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, SpondonBassed said:

Cool.  What caught my eye though was this:

i have always been decent at setting guitars up, fret leveling, sanding, intonation and generally straightening guitars out for people, i'm like i said just learning Bass and there's always stuff to do with a guitar? hence the tools :)

cheers spondon.

• Like 1

On 25/04/2020 at 20:09, taddy said:

Hi my name is Dave,  i was originally a guitarist with a rock band well 2nd guitar to be precise

haven't played since the 80s we used to support headliners played pubs a few theatres 

and even toned it down for the club circuit.

recently met up with my old band members and we decided to start practicing again 

the bass player didn't rejoin so that left the lead guitarist drummer and me, so i volunteered to play bass

after all it couldn't be so hard? huh little did i know :)

guitars i own bass wise?

Squier / fender vintage modified jazz

Squier/fender classic vibe p bass

Epiphone IV Thunderbird (that's giving me grief at the moment)

and a 2005 american red and white Fender stratocaster 

also a member of talk bass but american times are crazy

they are in bed when i'm about and vice versa

so i look forward to talking bass, learning tricks, and improving myself as a bass player!

regards to all

Welcome enjoy