Why become a member? ×

WITHDRAWN: Mike Sabre - Dominique Di Piazza 5 - new signature model
£2595
The Hague, Netherlands

TorVic

*WITHDRAWN*

http://www.mike-sabre.com/Models/DDiPiazzaModels/NewSignatureModel/newsignaturemodel.html

http://www.mike-sabre.com/Price/index.html

(Located in The Hague, NL. My feedback history: https://www.basschat.co.uk/topic/280308-feedback-for-torvic/page/3/#comments)

• Bass is in excellent condition and will ship in a generic case packed in a cardboard box. Will ship by UPS standard (shipping costs to mainland UK/EU included in the price.)  
  • Open to part-trades  

Bought here on BC - previous sale thread (*with video of this bass*): 

Spec: 

- 35" scale length (89cm), 19mm spacing at bridge

- Mahogany & Rosewood Base
- Chambered Body
- Top Maple & Rosewood
- Maple Neck & Pao Ferro 24 Frets Fretboard
- Dominique Di Piazza fretless bridge
- Mapple Finger Ramp
- Humbucker Hand Made Hepcat Pickup 
- Schaller BML Tuner

IMG_6488.jpgIMG_6502.jpg

Edited by TorVic
WITHDRAWN
  • Like 3

This one is a beauty, especially compared to Dominique Di Piazza (ugly, to me) personal model.

Does this one also have the narrow 17mm strings spacing at the bridge ?

Also another wonderful instrument, Victor, and the fretless sound you can get with this sitar-like bridge is amazing.

GLWYS.

• Thanks 1

On 27/04/2020 at 15:46, Henrythe8 said:

Dat bridge... with a good setup, it can mimick perfectly (yes, perfectly) the sound of a fretless bass.  Great instrument. 

How?

Edit: nevermind, curiosity got the better of me so I went off to read up.

Edited by Chris2112

28 minutes ago, Chris2112 said:

How?

Edit: nevermind, curiosity got the better of me so I went off to read up.

It's simply a "flat" bridge, exactly like a sitar bridge, hence this fretless sound. Nothing magical in this. 😉

The Mike Sabre Dominique Di Piazza, the Eyb DDP and the Neuser NFS are very close in their conception. The Neuser Fretless System can be disengaged for a fretted sound too.

Have a free bump on me, Victor.

• Thanks 1

I got a question about the fretless tone, my experience with this bass, and why I am letting this go. My response is as follows: 

It is a wonderful design and the tone in a mix really seems like a fretless. It's got some old strings now and I think it will be even better with some new strings.

The only thing I don't like is that it is 35" scale. I've discovered over the years that 34" is the most comfortable scale length for me.  I am a bit conflicted about letting it go as it is simple, effective, and very well-built. 

I recorded a demo bass track (with double stops). The track is given below.  

(recording info: volume fully open - tone control rolled down a bit - the bass was run through a Zoom B3N patch, into a Scarlett 2i2 audio interface, into CakeWalk .)

Edited by TorVic
updated description
  • Like 2

You see you bass you like on BC, you buy it, you fall in love with it, but then other ones come along and you ignore this one, you decide to list for sale, you start using it more in that process, you fall more in love with it and you can't let it go!

So it goes with this one. It is withdrawn. Thanks to all you showed interest. If I relist it here, I will notify those who are still interested for first dibs. Cheers.   

• Like 1

• MB1 locked this topic