gareth

White Fender Basses

I have an attraction to white fenders especially that those that have yellowed/creamed with age

This beautiful mustang caught my eye on fb

A thing of beauty

And my own 57 AVRI

A2AD6400-4B91-4421-A0FF-6E8E5B39D20E.jpeg

D1B26388-6814-4033-80A7-81E77022F4E9.jpeg

• Like 7

Yep, I like white Fenders, especially creamier white ones - our drummer described my one as cheesecake colour.

I also remember the 77 that I bought from you some years back, Gareth, that one had really “yellowed” up nicely. Sadly long gone but was a cracking bass.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Lozz196 said:

Yep, I like white Fenders, especially creamier white ones - our drummer described my one as cheesecake colour.

I also remember the 77 that I bought from you some years back, Gareth, that one had really “yellowed” up nicely. Sadly long gone but was a cracking bass.

Thanks Lozz

Interesting how they all yellow whether they are nitrocellulose like my AVRI or poly like the mustang 

• Like 1

This is my near mint 81 Precision, it has not yellowed as much as many but has gone a lovely cream colour, it was out for sale pre this virus donkey poo, I will stick it back on sale when life is a bit easier!

79P.jpg

• Like 6

Is that not staining from Tobacco smoke?

I know the red one fade to a "pink" - didn't realise the white ones were affected too.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

My MIJ Mustang is apparently vintage white - a sort of off white but not yet creamy yellow colour (hoping it’s ages nicely tho).

I love the look of that 1975 Olympic white one. That’s kind of the look I was after by swapping the dark tort plate for white. Just need a thumb rest now to complete the look. 

738F7360-EAEA-481F-8436-2DFB9DA5084C.jpeg

Edited by bassbiscuits
  • Like 4

Posted (edited)

Started life Olympic white - slowly yellowing - original Fender USA body

07EEA2FC-944F-4FB8-81FE-EC498F740BC4.thumb.jpeg.69bb2246b814f0b7d7257f7faf052443.jpeg

Edited by Cuzzie
  • Like 8

42 minutes ago, Cuzzie said:

Started life Olympic white - slowly yellowing - original Fender USA body

07EEA2FC-944F-4FB8-81FE-EC498F740BC4.thumb.jpeg.69bb2246b814f0b7d7257f7faf052443.jpeg

Is that scratchplate mint green, parchment or white tho? I took a bit of a guess when buying my mustang one.

• Like 2

This used to be my go to P bass many years ago which is aging nicely and has quite a bit of wear , but a while ago I fitted my favourite old jazz neck to it and put Toneriders in and I’ve since put a fender vintage bridge on , and it plays really nice 🙂

0BE06E27-0569-4F08-9BC8-720833B74A1D.jpeg

• Like 7

19 minutes ago, Reggaebass said:

This used to be my go to P bass many years ago which is aging nicely and has quite a bit of wear , but a while ago I fitted my favourite old jazz neck to it and put Toneriders in and I’ve since put a fender vintage bridge on , and it plays really nice 🙂

0BE06E27-0569-4F08-9BC8-720833B74A1D.jpeg

My twinny!!

Looks lush 

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, bassbiscuits said:

Is that scratchplate mint green, parchment or white tho? I took a bit of a guess when buying my mustang one.

It’s actually Olive, I got a great price on an unused Fender one and the bridge is fender as are the wires, neck plate and possibly pots and knob - only non is pick up which is Seymour Duncan APB-1, status neck and Hipshot ultralites with a D tuner

• Like 3

Yup love my '71. Oly white and rosewood board, lush!

IMG_2068.jpeg

• Like 7

1 minute ago, Cuzzie said:

My twinny!!

Looks lush 

Thanks cuzzie , seeing your one gave me the idea for mine, the status neck on yours is superb 👍

• Like 1

Just now, Reggaebass said:

Thanks cuzzie , seeing your one gave me the idea for mine, the status neck on yours is superb 👍

I did spoil myself on that one - you will find it hard to beat their jazz neck - if you spy one, get it!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Reggaebass said:

He was also responsible for me doing a stealth Black P with Status neck. 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

My '96 MIJ that I've had for about 20 years.  I changed the tuners and fitted an old Wizard Thumper pickup many years ago and she's great 🙂  The photos don't really show it well but she's faded to a nice vintage white.  Under the plate is almost cream.

Another 'why did I do that?' story - I sold my lovely early 70s white P in the late 70s, but what possessed me to do so fails me to this day.  Of course, I missed it very soon afterwards, as we often do after a foolish sale.  So when this white P came up and I had the money I had to have her.  In all honesty I think she's pretty much as good as the one I stupidly let go and I still get that same buzz as I did back in the day when I open the case .  I'd really love to have another 70s P but I'll have to save for a long time, if ever. 

Edit:  Oh, and I won't mention the JV P I sold in the late 80s 😞

P1110876.JPG

P1110877.JPG

Edited by inthedoghouse
  • Like 8

Posted (edited)
49 minutes ago, walshy said:

He was also responsible for me doing a stealth Black P with Status neck. 

Fine bass that is too

Looks like we have a RWC line of Fender other dimension basses

(ReggaeWalshCuzz)

Edited by Cuzzie
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)

dTMArCt.jpg

84 Jv on the right, still quite white. 

Original nitro finish on the left.

Neither ever sees the inside of a case.

Edited by GuyR
  • Like 6

11 hours ago, GuyR said:

dTMArCt.jpg

84 Jv on the right, still quite white. 

Original nitro finish on the left.

Neither ever sees the inside of a case.

That top one is really nice guy, is that an original 60s jazz 🙂

No lefty's in the thread yet, so here's my US Fender Professional Precision. I've changed the original mint pickguard for an original Fender tort one. Love it, it's my main gigging bass 👍

IMG_20200426_112620890.jpg

• Like 1