Why become a member? ×

Online Double Bass Lessons (1st one free) Bedfordshire UK

Bassdep

Are you a decent bass guitarist ? 

Have you had a double bass propped up in the corner for years ? 

Have you tried it a few times, hurt your hand....then put it back ? 

Yes thought so, that was me about 30 years ago.

I'm a graduate of Leeds College of Music, back in the eighties, and have spent the last 30 odd years working as a professional bass player. It took me a while to come to terms with playing the double bass from the perspective of a bass guitarist....but I did.

My CV is fairly extensive, including some of the worlds most divers venues and festivals (literally from the Hollywood Bowl, down to the local Pub). I am usually a busy player, working for many theatres, studios gigs from Dame Shirley Bassey to Bjork, and most things in-between. During lockdown, I've still managed a few on-line sessions for Trinity/Guildhall tutor books and a couple of big band sessions.

I am exploring on-line teaching, we have a purpose built studio, my wife uses it teach Saxophone, so I'm learning her "tricks of the trade" re working remotely, and actually, whilst not as good as face-to-face, it certainly works.

As a minimum you'll need a decent smart-phone/tablet/laptop and decent headphones....and a decent internet connection. The experience is better with a decent USB mic or some way of D.I. ing into your computer or device, and a wired connection but I'm more than happy to advise on this. 

I'll  upload some sound files later, so you can hear me play, see if you like what you hear. Due to the amount of variables involved, I'm more than happy to an initial meeting/lesson/tech session for free, just to see if both get on, and the system works.

After that I would charge my usual teaching rate £30/h or £15/30 mins.....I'm completely flexible, and no requirement for regular or weekly lessons etc....just PAYG !

Happy to chat at any time. Lessons in English, any time zone catered for !

Thank you,

Russell Swift

My website is.      

www.russellswift.com

Edited by Bassdep
Corrections