Why become a member? ×

NBD Double whammy!

Duarte

Well, 2 in a week...

For one reason or another, I found myself in Bangkok without a bass for a year. The Sterling lives with his grandparents back in England, and my  life has been in a bit of a funk, sans funk. So when I was ordered to work from home, first thing I did was buy an early 90's Japanese Fender Jazz, and she's a beaut! My girlfriend heard me playing and decided she wants to learn, but needs a smaller bass. So we got out hands on a little Aria Pro II, also from Japan. Totalling £500 for the pair.

I now feel as if the floodgates have once again opened, there's a Japanese made Stingray (yes, that is a thing) advertised online that is calling my name.

Customary pic. His and hers:

The Family.jpg

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, stewblack said:

And damn. £500 for Both! Nice work. Especially like the look of the Aria, but then I am a long time fan. 

I have just realised the perks of living in Asia - basses like this are abundant and priced low here. The Aria is technically hers, which makes me jealous, as it plays soo damn well. The neck on it is sublime! I've never played a neck that doesn't become wider towards the top end - this thing feels the same all the way to the top.

Plus it sounds fat as hell.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, AndyTravis said:

@Duarte the Stingray EX (Japanese MM) are

absolutely bonkers - really nice, I picked one up for @TheGreek about 2 years ago and was so so jealous.

If you can find one, you’ll be chuffed - I can’t believe there’s not more of an import market going on for them.

I've found one, it's gorgeous, natural 3-band EQ with the old style mute bridge. £720 equivalent.

Maybe next paycheck... how many basses is too many for one week? paycheck comes at the start of next week

Stinger.jpg

Edited by Duarte
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, Duarte said:

Well, 2 in a week...

For one reason or another, I found myself in Bangkok without a bass for a year. The Sterling lives with his grandparents back in England, and my  life has been in a bit of a funk, sans funk. So when I was ordered to work from home, first thing I did was buy an early 90's Japanese Fender Jazz, and she's a beaut! My girlfriend heard me playing and decided she wants to learn, but needs a smaller bass. So we got out hands on a little Aria Pro II, also from Japan. Totalling £500 for the pair.

The Family.jpg

Really nice. The Aria is a good choice, Kim Deal played one, enough said. 😀

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Duarte said:

I've found one, it's gorgeous, natural 3-band EQ with the old style mute bridge. £720 equivalent.

Maybe next paycheck... how many basses is too many for one week? paycheck comes at the start of next week

Stinger.jpg

Hi Zak that's an absolute beauty - I can't see you not buying it - I certainly would!! I've still got your ex Bongo btw 👍

The Jazz and Aria look good as well - a lot of people played Aria's in the 80s along with Ibanez Musicians (now there's a thing - you might find one if the rarer ones in Asia - eg in white). Those Arias sound great. 

Edited by drTStingray

1 hour ago, hooky_lowdown said:

Really nice. The Aria is a good choice, Kim Deal played one, enough said. 😀

Probably my favourite Bass Player. Love the tone she gets with the Pro Cardinal Bass.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, drTStingray said:

Hi Zak that's an absolute beauty - I can't see you not buying it - I certainly would!! I've still got your ex Bongo btw 👍

The Jazz and Aria look good as well - a lot of people played Aria's in the 80s along with Ibanez Musicians (now there's a thing - you might find one if the rarer ones in Asia - eg in white). Those Arias sound great. 

The Jazz and Aria are wonderful, but that Stingray is another level of splendour.

So great that you still have the Bongo, I'm glad it's in good hands. Which one did you end up with, the Lava Pearl or Egyptian Smoke?

3 hours ago, Duarte said:

The Jazz and Aria are wonderful, but that Stingray is another level of splendour.

So great that you still have the Bongo, I'm glad it's in good hands. Which one did you end up with, the Lava Pearl or Egyptian Smoke?

It's the lava pearl one! 

image.jpeg.02c5733f91160832d404c990af71e54b.jpeg