Why become a member? ×

Yamaha (Japan) TRB5 Mk2 £400 SOLD SOLD SOLD
£400
Kingston, Surrey

Brother Jones

Yamaha TRB 5 Mk2, MIJ. Probably mid nineties. Bought by me from a BC'er about three years ago for (IIRC) £475. Very light use since then. 

I'm not 100% on the finish description, but "light honey with figuring" seems right. 

35 inch scale; very solid B string. Nearly-new DR Sunbeam 45-125s. The neck is straight, and the set up is low/medium. It's no lightweight, but not a total anchor for a five; probably about 4.7kg. 

Very few dints, perhaps one or two.. Nothing serious, either cosmetically or functionally. 

However there are minor, and completely fixable, issues on this bass.

The jack socket is a bit loose, and the centre detentes of the pots are very worn. It was like this when I bought it (unmentioned by the seller) and in practice is not an issue. Because Yamaha still make the TRBs, I'm told that replacement pots shouldn't be an issue. 

Selling for £400. Given the extremely reasonable price for such a solid, pro-quality bass, collection is preferred. With appropriate social distancing measures, etc. HOWEVER, I've found a bass box and a spare gig bag, so courier is possible. 

DSC_0256.JPG

DSC_0257.JPG

Edited by Brother Jones
  • Like 4

23 hours ago, Brother Jones said:

I'm not 100% on the finish description, but "light honey with figuring" seems right. 

The finish is Amber Sunburst IIRC.

I only know this as i had a 4 string with the same finish which had the model number TRB4II AS.

Incredible basses and this is a bargain

5 hours ago, Brother Jones said:

I've found a bass box! So courier may be possible, although access to a printer might remain an obstacle. 

Couriers bring their own labels 👍

Always write the address on with marker pen though, just in case.

GLWTS - I'm surprised it's still here tbh.

• MB1 locked this topic