Why become a member? ×

Sire M7 V2 upgrades

BassSlap

So gonna start this off with a warning for those who have the Sire M7 V2. 

The passive to active switch breaks with a little bit of force. I found this out sadly the other night before I started recording and sadly it would hop between active and passive making it useless. 

I ordered a DPDT switch to replace it myself and ordered a three state one by mistake but this now means the middle position is now a kill switch which is something I have always wanted on a bass.

My questions is has anyone done any other upgrades to this bass, or is there any suggestions to upgrades as I feel that I could get a lot more out of this bass. 

• 2 months later...

I bought my first bass in 1965 . I have '69 Tele's , '69 LesPaul , 60's Guild Starfire , MIA Fenders , Reverends , Kay , EB-3 , EB-3L , MIJ Yamaha etc etc . Out of curiosity , I bought a Sire M-7 natural ash . Avoiding alot of blather I have to say it would be fine if it were my one and only . It is a fantastically good deal , it would be at twice the price and I do play professionally . The only downside is that it arrived with the worst possible set-up imaginable , if you're not a decent armchair luthier have the one who does your set-up at the ready , mine was not even close to playable as delivered . Other than this I cannot imagine that there could be a reasonable complaint about the M-7 , it is fantastic and definately buying another . M-9 in the works Marcus ?????