Why become a member? ×

Rotosound Advertising

ClassicVibes

First and foremost, I'm a fan of Roto strings and think they make some great products. This is in no way trying to bash the company.

I do wish they would get a new advertising campaign. Every day I log onto BC and see "The year is 1967 at Abbey Road studios..."

That was over fifty years ago. Surely it's time someone dragged the company into the 21st century and focused on younger players who use Rotos today? 

I think the 1967 thing is a campaign promoting the fact Rotosound have been around since 1967, they have heritage, and an association with Abbey Road. No other string manufacturers can claim these things, making these a strong selling or marketing point.

Edited by hooky_lowdown
  • Like 2

There'll always be someone complaining about Roto's adverts. I remember in the 80's or 90's they had one with billy sheehan suspending his attitude bass from the strings - the mags (bassist at the time IIRC) were full of letters from people saying he shouldn't be treating his bass that way. 

I follow them on Facebook and I think that their output on there is pretty good and varied. They do frequently do historical posts but they also post up and coming artists, as well as their long term endorsers. 

I mean, their packaging on their strings leans on their history rather than on anything current, but I prefer that rather than a bunch of pseudo-scientific marketing bollocks with regard to the technical specifications of their strings. 

In any event I still tend to use D’addarios...