Guy Pratt Basses

gareth

Watching the Guy Pratt Lockdown series and in each video he seems to have re arranged the basses in the wall

So in first photo what are these two?

On the right a sizer but what’s the one on a the right

Could be a Fender signature Jaco bass or a  lowly squire?

And in the second Betsy and a semi scheckter?

And in third  photo you’ve got Betsy and what looks like an original 1960’s stacknob?

663AD4E8-8CDB-40F9-973A-49016D7CF75C.jpeg

45B31DA7-87F3-4CD6-A031-603B10CEA197.jpeg

48AA9589-56EB-4C30-A6B8-59922440BD03.jpeg

Edited by gareth

Just now, pineweasel said:

Looks like it. Massive bridge. 

the bridge is what gives it away, this is how sad I am as i noticed it straight away, I need therapy, only bass collection so far have put a babicz bridge on a jaco-inspired jazz fretless

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Romeo2 said:

the bridge is what gives it away, this is how sad I am as i noticed it straight away, I need therapy, only bass collection so far have put a babicz bridge on a jaco-inspired jazz fretless

Honestly guys, nerding out on this? You really need to get out mor....

oh, wait....

Edited by SICbass
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, rasher80 said:

That's not on really is it.

It's a shame because he comes across as a very down to earth, warm and funny guy on his lockdown videos 

That always happens when any less than highest level virtuoso pro posts on a forum though, a bunch of armchair warriors come out of the woodwork and drive them away. Can you imagine what would happen if Adam Clayton posted on here? It would be ugly.

• Like 5

Just now, nilebodgers said:

That always happens when any less than highest level virtuoso pro posts on a forum though, a bunch of armchair warriors come out of the woodwork and drive them away. Can you imagine what would happen if Adam Clayton posted on here? It would be ugly.

Not if his username was his bank balance. I suspect it would be silence!!

1 minute ago, nilebodgers said:

A sad state of affairs, indeed. Perhaps this site should be re-named EntitledChat...

14 minutes ago, nilebodgers said:

Seem to recall that a similar thing happened to Janek Gwizdala and Vail Johnson.

• Like 1

I think the stack knob is the one he badgered Dave G to sell to him, mainly when he was whizzed* mind.

He eventually gave Guy it as a wedding pressie if I remember right. It`s all in his book.

*What, you can`t even say p*ssed????*

Damm you profanity filter!!

Edited by jezzaboy

4 hours ago, Steve Browning said:

He joined and did a couple of posts, whereupon he was taken to task for the differences between his approach and Roger Waters. I think he lasted less than a day. As I recall anyway.

Sorry to hear this, I've been watching his recent youtube videos the past couple of days and they're great, he seems like a decent bloke too. Great player, his playing on ain't no doubt is fantastic.

• Like 3

It was a certain bunch of members who have pushed off themselves now, thankfully. These last few years we have been so much more stable, friendly and supportive than we were then, so I'm sure he'd be more than welcomed back. 

That said - let's remember that forums aren't for everyone, so often people just don't get involved much or interact in the same way we do which can be interpreted as something else.

• Like 1

I would love to be able to interact with people who have been involved with the business at the highest level. but I guess if its been the day job for a very long time you might be less excited to chat about it than the rest of us. 

Glad the forum has rinsed away that contingent. There are very very few here who don't at least make the effort to stay civil, makes it a safe, welcoming place. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, stewblack said:

I would love to be able to interact with people who have been involved with the business at the highest level. but I guess if its been the day job for a very long time you might be less excited to chat about it than the rest of us. 

Glad the forum has rinsed away that contingent. There are very very few here who don't at least make the effort to stay civil, makes it a safe, welcoming place. 

Oh fosters off. I don't agree with you! :biggrin: