Why become a member? ×

Anyone know what bass Dee Dee is playing in this?

Fuzzbass2000

On 24/04/2020 at 15:37, ubit said:

I actually have a lot of time for the Ramones. They were a great band for their time and influenced many people. Dee Dee is no Johnny Ramone on the vocals right enough. Some of the first songs I learned were Ramones songs. Nice easy pumping away on two strings. I slag them off purely to be hilarious and am in no way serious about downing The R.A.M.O.N.E.S. Ramones!

Lots of $h1te bands name them as an influence. 

• Like 1

On 24/04/2020 at 15:23, thebigyin said:

A plank of wood with 4 nails and strings attached would be to good an instrument....what an awful racket, I can't see why guitar companies endorse such clowns, he's never progressed as a musician, as you can tell i'm not a fan.

Gotta be a market for the B&Q signature series? Sid Vicious, Paul Simenon... 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, spectoremg said:

Lots of $h1te bands name them as an influence. 

I do wonder why you even bothered looking at this thread if you don't like the Ramones, I certainly don't bother looking at threads that mention bands or players that I don't like in the title.

Perhap your number of 'watts' is telling us something 😁

• Like 7

1 minute ago, PaulWarning said:

I do wonder why you even bothered looking at this thread if you don't like the Ramones, I certainly don't bother looking at threads that mention bands or players that I don't like in the title.

Perhap your number of 'watts' is telling us something 😁

Thanks teacher, can I be dismissed now? 

• Sad 1

On 26/04/2020 at 20:47, spectoremg said:

Thanks teacher, can I be dismissed now? 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ramones

Maybe read up about what they achieved before slagging them off. They have been hugely influential. Yes, its simple music but all Rock 'n' Roll tends to be. They were the fathers of punk and deserve their place in the Sun.

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, ubit said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ramones

Maybe read up about what they achieved before slagging them off. They have been hugely influential. Yes, its simple music but all Rock 'n' Roll tends to be. They were the fathers of punk and deserve their place in the Sun.

And there's the problem, the fathers of punk says it all. Better no father than a bad one. 

Yep an SB1. Nice basses (regardless of what you play on it!)

A very natural and logical evolution of the Fender Precision if you ask me. Great pickup, lovely smaller body, excellent bridge and anodised scratchplate with crackle paint finish - full US build quality for much less (often) than the better known Fender equivalent. 

55 minutes ago, PaulWarning said:

what a load of cobblers, about as funny and annoying as a kick in the bollocks

I got about two minutes in before I switched off. What an annoying nasty pasty!

• Like 1

Just now, ubit said:

I got about two minutes in before I switched off. What an annoying nasty pasty!

I typed the original swearword of ladies front bottom just to see what the filter would come up with. I love the sweary filter 🤣

Just now, spectoremg said:

For a Ronettes cover. What's your point?

My point is they were loved and still are. They are considered legends. You don't like them and persist on commenting on this thread about it. My mate got me into them and the double live album was played to death between us!

• Like 1

have to say Baby I love You is a long way from my favourites Ramones song, not typical at all, but perversely (a bit like Chuck Berry's My Ding a Ling) their biggest hit.

I agree with you about It's Alive, my favourite ever live album and what got me into the Ramones as well.

Edit, the whole concert it was recorded at is available on youtube, but maybe you already knew that

Edited by PaulWarning
  • Like 3