Why become a member? ×

Anyone know what bass Dee Dee is playing in this?

Fuzzbass2000

1 minute ago, PaulWarning said:

just Fender Precision isn't it? Fender do a signature model, at a price.

That's what I thought at first but I don't think so. It looks real small on him and there's things about the headstock / body /scratch plate that don't look right.

On 22/04/2020 at 17:53, joeystrange said:

He stopped playing Fenders later in his career as he was unimpressed with their decline in quality in the ‘80s. 

Yeah, you certainly need quality instruments to play your four notes clearly!

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, ubit said:

Yeah, you certainly need quality instruments to play your four notes clearly!

to be fair, it's nearer 8 when when they do a key change 😀

I read somewhere he had a really high action, probably something to do with the way he hammered away at the strings all down strokes (something I can't do), so maybe he could get it lower with a G&L?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, thebigyin said:

A plank of wood with 4 nails and strings attached would be to good an instrument....what an awful racket, I can't see why guitar companies endorse such clowns, he's never progressed as a musician, as you can tell i'm not a fan.

I actually have a lot of time for the Ramones. They were a great band for their time and influenced many people. Dee Dee is no Johnny Ramone on the vocals right enough. Some of the first songs I learned were Ramones songs. Nice easy pumping away on two strings. I slag them off purely to be hilarious and am in no way serious about downing The R.A.M.O.N.E.S. Ramones!

24 minutes ago, ubit said:

I actually have a lot of time for the Ramones. They were a great band for their time and influenced many people. Dee Dee is no Johnny Ramone on the vocals right enough. Some of the first songs I learned were Ramones songs. Nice easy pumping away on two strings. I slag them off purely to be hilarious and am in no way serious about downing The R.A.M.O.N.E.S. Ramones!

Same here, great band, to me they’ve always been The Beach Boys with distorted guitars, great, simple, short pop songs. Quality band.

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, Lozz196 said:

Same here, great band, to me they’ve always been The Beach Boys with distorted guitars, great, simple, short pop songs. Quality band.

they showed a lot of people, me included, you didn't have to be a great musician to write songs and be in a band, a breath of fresh air after the prog rock years, nobody stripped Rock and Roll back to it's basics like they did

• Like 4

The first Ramones album was a perfect place for a young punk wanting to play bass to start. With the bass panned to one side of the recording and guitar to the other on my old record player, I could have one or the other faded out so I could either learn the part listening to Dee Dee and then progressing to playing along with Johnny's side up and Dee Dee off 😊

• Like 3

23 hours ago, thebigyin said:

A plank of wood with 4 nails and strings attached would be to good an instrument....what an awful racket, I can't see why guitar companies endorse such clowns, he's never progressed as a musician, as you can tell i'm not a fan.

Troll or Russian bot? 

23 hours ago, ubit said:

You mean Joey on the vocals?

• Like 2