Why become a member? ×

NBD - P/J

Lozz196

So the final piece of the collection arrived today, Fender Deluxe Precision, P/J configuration, active/passive. Had wanted a P/J in my fave black/black/maple but when I saw this one in pretty much my equal fave of white/black/rosewood it just had to be. Plays and sounds like a dream - am leaving it on passive as it just sounds so good like that. 

0F7E6A0D-3BD9-4323-B63F-FDA6B507E825.jpeg

7F69430C-5007-4631-856F-99BD0A8AC197.jpeg

08E30BB3-7713-4088-8CB4-62C4EFD7C6B5.jpeg

Edited by Lozz196
  • Like 25

Nice one Lozz. Been thinking about getting one of these for a while now, but was wondering how heavy they are? Also have they always had the passive / active option, am guessing yours is fairly recent model? Cheers, Pete.

16 hours ago, Lozz196 said:

So the final piece of the collection arrived today, Fender Deluxe Precision, P/J configuration, active/passive. Had wanted a P/J in my fave black/black/maple but when I saw this one in pretty much my equal fave of white/black/rosewood it just had to be. Plays and sounds like a dream - am leaving it on passive as it just sounds so good like that. 

0F7E6A0D-3BD9-4323-B63F-FDA6B507E825.jpeg

7F69430C-5007-4631-856F-99BD0A8AC197.jpeg

08E30BB3-7713-4088-8CB4-62C4EFD7C6B5.jpeg

Noice! :)

4 hours ago, casapete said:

Nice one Lozz. Been thinking about getting one of these for a while now, but was wondering how heavy they are? Also have they always had the passive / active option, am guessing yours is fairly recent model? Cheers, Pete.

It’s very light Pete, I’d say about 8.5lbs. This one is a 2015, not sure but I think Fender decided on active/passive switch in 2012 when they had a re-jig on their ranges.

• Like 1

8.5 lbs is probably just within my limit! I had one of these a while ago, black with a maple neck job, and it was way heavier than that which was a shame as otherwise was a great bass. Didn't have the passive option though, so probably pre 2012. IIRC the very first ones they introduced were passive only, sunburst with a gold guard too I think.

Incidentally, I always thought these were MIM, yet your shot of the headstock says 'Made in USA' under the Fender logo? 

1 hour ago, casapete said:

Incidentally, I always thought these were MIM, yet your shot of the headstock says 'Made in USA' under the Fender logo? 

What Lozz has here is an American Deluxe Precision, this was the top of the range series before becoming the American Elite during 2015 and now the American Ultra series..

Edited by LewisK1975

1 minute ago, LewisK1975 said:

What Lozz has here is an American Deluxe Precision, this was the top of the range series before becoming the American Elite during 2015 and now the American Ultra series..

Doh, my mistake. Should have known Lozz preferred USA Fenders! 😄

On 22/04/2020 at 15:55, LewisK1975 said:

I picked up a 2017 American Elite Precision (PJ) in a trade a couple of months back and it really is superb. If these Deluxe models are anywhere near as good they'll be cracking basses.

Edited by Deedee