Why become a member? Ɨ

Using 4 in a line tuners on a 2l 2r setup

Booga13

Probably a daft question but can you? What is the downside?Ā  Only reason I ask is I'm after a set of 2l 2rs and there's a set of Grovers going cheap on the Bay but they're 4 in a line and my skinflint side is taking overšŸ˜€

Ā 

Unless the 2+2 headstock is very big you are unlikely to get all 4 of the 4 in line tuners to fit properly. I would imagine that at least one of the tuners on the "wrong" side will either protrude beyond the end of the headstock or not fit at all.

Just buy some 2+2 tuners. you know it makes sense.

I've fitted a set of 4-in-a-line tuners to a 2+2 headstock before and I had no trouble with it. The ones being replaced were the big elephant ear style and I fitted a set of smaller, lighter weight ones. The only issue, if you can call it that, as @fleabag said, is that the heads on the D and G strings turned the opposite way to those on my other 2+2 bass but that doesn't bother me in the slightest.Ā 

Thanks guys, they're going on a Spector head so small tuners should be fine.

@BigRedX, i hear you, right tools for the job etc is always easierĀ but loving a bargain and impatience are family traitsšŸ˜

Ā The deed is done now so fingers crossed. Appreciate the input