Why become a member? ×

Sold: Music Man Stingray 2EQ Black + Maple
£950
Bad Bentheim, Germany

Quasar79

Hello there,

To make some funds i am selling my 2EQ Music Man Stingray, color black and a nice maple neck. Weight = 3.9kg!

Made between '96 and '98, the bass has some minor marks on the body, but nothing serious. Everything works fine and she plays superb.

With the bass comes the original case. I can ship everywhere on buyers costs. I have a box at the moment.

PM for more pictures or information, don't hesitate:)

thumbnail_IMG_20200420_202658.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_20200420_202727.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_20200420_202737.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_20200420_202755.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_20200420_202815.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_20200420_202824.jpg

Edited by Quasar79
sold
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, willellisbass said:

Hello, 

Just seeing how these 2 band eq Stingray's compare to the classic series and older 2 band eq models? 

The only Stingray readily available now is a 3 band eq and they are a little bright for my taste.

Thanks,

Will

You could always try turning down the treble!!

Yes indeed. I have had the same question. On other fora, most people say (altough it is not always good to hear) that a 2EQ Stingray has a bit more lows and less treble then 3EQ, even if you turn the treble away on a 3Eq. But there are many people and many opinions, so correct me if i am wrong:)

I have had 10+ Stingrays (and still own two, both from 1989), all maple boards, from every decade, from late '70s pre EB to '10s,  2 and 3 bands. In my opinion, the warmer ones are the early ones, the pre EB, becoming more and more bright the more recent they are. The 3 bands are a bit more midrangey, and even turning the mids completely off they remain different to my ears from a 2 band, where low mids are obvious, together with the sizzly highs, and scooped high mids. I have found the most recent ones like from '00s or '10s too bright for my taste, rather clankety-clank. The Classics try to resemble the pre EB sound (even thanks to shared strings-through-body construction) but they're not quite there, the high mids are still too scooped compared to prevalent low mids, even if the Classics sound deeper and with slightly more muffled/subdued highs than the traditional ones. Please keep in mind I am talking nuances in the sound, that remains unmistakingly Stingray throughout. Only my 2 cents.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • MB1 locked this topic