Why become a member? ×

Drilling larger diameter holes in knobs...

AxelF

I'll try and get all the inuendo out of the way early, but would anyone be able to assist me in enlarging the holes in my knob please? I've swapped out the pickups, preamp and pots in my Warwick, and have managed to reuse all the original knobs except for the stacked concentric ones - I've swapped the configuration round slightly so instead of a stacked volume/pan pot it's now a stacked bass/treble pot and I couldn't find one with the vales and shaft diameter I was looking for. The bass is from 2000 and as it has gold hardware they've aged in a way that's very noticable when next to a new one. 

If anyone has the kit to drill out the holes can you let me know how much you'd charge please? I could always do it myself, but it would be a hand drill job and I'd rather get it done by someone with the correct tools and who knows what they're doing! The existing holes are 4mm and 6mm, and I need them enlarging to 6mm and 8mm. I'm not sure what metal they're made from but they're fairly weighty when compared to the aftermarket replacements I've tried. Thanks very much in advance!

IMG_20200421_112850[1].jpg

IMG_20200421_112906[1].jpg