Why become a member? ×

Cort Action shortscale conversion... help requested

anzoid

I have a Cort Action Jr shortscale bass that has a great neck and which I have modded with Hipshot tuners and bridge. It totally rocks - the stock pickup is actually very good.

However, I have been thinking about trying the Action Jr neck in a Cort Action HH4 - https://www.cortguitars.com/product/item.php?it_id=1547009276

Does anyone have an Action HH4 from which they would be willing to take a few measurements? I think I'm looking for:

• Neck pocket width at the bridge end.
  • Neck pocket width at furthest edge of the body (i.e. checking neck taper)
  • Neck pocket length.
  • Neck pocket depth.
  • Distance from neck pocket to bridge screw holes.
  • Anyting else that may be relevant...

Thanks!

1 hour ago, hooky_lowdown said:

You want to put a short scale neck on a full size body? If that's the case you'll never get full intonation.

Not necessarily - it will entail repositioning the bridge somewhat, so it should work if there's enough room - ie no annoying pickup stuck where you need the bridge to go. Unfortunately by the looks of it, that might be the case with the HH4's bridge pickup.

In the event it's possible, because the bridge placement will be changed in relation to the pickups it will sound quite different to the longscale bass.

• Like 1

Thank you!

Oh well, semed like a good idea whilst it lasted. The body on the Action Jr is quite large and I had wondered whether they had just used the same basic template as the other Action 4-string models but with a short-scale neck. Seems like there's more to it than that - and the idea of moving a bridge is not one that I would approach with much relish... zero technical skills on that front.

• 1 month later...
On 20/04/2020 at 21:38, anzoid said:

I have a Cort Action Jr shortscale bass that has a great neck and which I have modded with Hipshot tuners and bridge. It totally rocks - the stock pickup is actually very good.

However, I have been thinking about trying the Action Jr neck in a Cort Action HH4 - https://www.cortguitars.com/product/item.php?it_id=1547009276

Does anyone have an Action HH4 from which they would be willing to take a few measurements? I think I'm looking for:

• Neck pocket width at the bridge end.
  • Neck pocket width at furthest edge of the body (i.e. checking neck taper)
  • Neck pocket length.
  • Neck pocket depth.
  • Distance from neck pocket to bridge screw holes.
  • Anyting else that may be relevant...

Thanks!

i am interested with cort action junior,  does the tuners and bridge upgrade improve the tone?

can u post some pictures

On 20/04/2020 at 14:38, anzoid said:

I have a Cort Action Jr shortscale bass that has a great neck and which I have modded with Hipshot tuners and bridge. It totally rocks - the stock pickup is actually very good....

I also have a couple of questions- could you confirm width at the nut and 19th fret? Details on this little bass seem few and far between

• Like 1