Why become a member? ×

Got a geeetar??? What you got??

TheGreek

1 hour ago, Stub Mandrel said:

My brother who gave me the green DiMarzio stacked humbucker several years ago (he got it in the 80s, it's older than the guitar) suggested I take the cover off. It was a mission, but:

Tele 6.JPG

Good call, was causing me some OCD related issues.......😆

I just finished the rebuild of this for our guitarist, it started life as an encore which was signed by everyone in the pub on his birthday, just had a coat of lacquer on the body and a new scratchplate and pickup, volume only as requested. 

DSC_0032.JPG

I've always owned an acoustic guitar that I've used for writing purposes although I never put much effort into being a guitarist. A few years ago a only band I ever played electric guitar in (C1990) was revived and I needed a suitable instrument, I cashed in some Argos vouchers and got a Squier tele. I changed the scratchplate to black when Rick Parfitt died (we shared the same birthday) I found I actually enjoyed playing it and after the other "serious" guitarist quit last year I ended up as sole guitarist in the band and haven't felt the need to upgrade.

No photo description available.
If you think I look weird you should see the rest of the band.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Dom in Somerset said:

I've always owned an acoustic guitar that I've used for writing purposes although I never put much effort into being a guitarist. A few years ago a only band I ever played electric guitar in (C1990) was revived and I needed a suitable instrument, I cashed in some Argos vouchers and got a Squier tele. I changed the scratchplate to black when Rick Parfitt died (we shared the same birthday) I found I actually enjoyed playing it and after the other "serious" guitarist quit last year I ended up as sole guitarist in the band and haven't felt the need to upgrade.

No photo description available.
If you think I look weird you should see the rest of the band.

Weird wasn't the adjective that sprung to mind. 

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Dom in Somerset said:

I cashed in some Argos vouchers and got a Squier tele. 

I did the same back in 2015 but took it back.  It didn't sound like a tele to me and there was something up with the neck which meant I couldn't get it set up how I wanted.  Great yours worked out though.

4 minutes ago, Kiwi said:

I did the same back in 2015 but took it back.  It didn't sound like a tele to me and there was something up with the neck which meant I couldn't get it set up how I wanted.  Great yours worked out though.

Out of the box the set up was tolerable but no problem to make any adjustments required. Now It feels just right.
The original pickups sounded great but I was using a lot of overdrive. I changed them for cheap rail style pickups to fatten the sound a bit and may get a more expensive set at some point. The sound is a bit "one dimensional" but then so is my playing. I have been experimenting with an AXL player delux strat, a cheap strat copy but nicely made.