Why become a member? ×

Got a geeetar??? What you got??

TheGreek

16 hours ago, Chiliwailer said:

Is that at TW300?

Back in ‘93 I was a 15 year old in Andys on Denmark St, learning to set up acoustics on them. If there’s nut file scratches behind the nut, and dodgy notching on the bridge, then it’s one of mine! 🤣

Indeed, it is a TW-300 though can't say there are any scratches behind the nut or dodgy notching on the bridge. Maybe it's one of those that you eventually got right! ;)

• Haha 1

I've got:

An EKO ranger 6 that I've owned from new (that makes it about 45 years old 😮 ) despite its industrial construction it has a lovely tone and is really comfortable to play. 

An Epiphone hummingbird which is a very nice instrument

An Adam Black 12 string that I won in a blind auction also a lovely instrument. 

An Epiphone LP deluxe that I've changed the electronics over to better quality components :)

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Islander said:

I've got:

An EKO ranger 6 that I've owned from new (that makes it about 45 years old 😮 ) despite its industrial construction it has a lovely tone and is really comfortable to play. 

The guy who taught me my first chords and probably inspired me to actually play guitar in the first place had an Eko Ranger 6, I thought it was the most amazing thing ever and lusted after one for years.

I have a 1979 Aria LC440 Custom that my dad bought new for my 15th birthday from Holiday Music in Leytonstone. It was played for a year or so before i committed to a bass future and is currently tucked up in my loft. A really pretty guitar and fabulous quality. Flamed sycamore top, mahogany body, birch neck, cream binding, gold hardware and sounds great. Its identical to this one....

Aria LC440 2.jpg

Aria LC440 1.jpg

Edited by Mudpup
  • Like 9

8 hours ago, Mudpup said:

I have a 1979 Aria LC440 Custom that my dad bought me new for my 15th birthday from Holiday Music in Leytonstone. It was played for a year or so before i committed to a bass future and is currently tucked up in my loft. A really pretty guitar and fabulous quality. Flamed sycamore top, mahogany body, birch neck, cream binding, gold hardware and sounds great. Its identical to this one....

Aria LC440 1.jpg

I owned one of these with gold hardware...three pickups, green flame.  Purchased new from ABC Music in Addlestone, Surrey.  I reckon it was 1978/79, more likely 1978.

Always had a soft spot for the PE range.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Doctor J said:

Unloftify it and hang it on a wall. That is art as much as it is an instrument. It should been if not heard.

Also the average loft isn’t a great place to store guitars or basses. Extremes of temperature during the seasons can play havoc with them, as I know from experience. 😟

• Like 1

I've got a nice Japanese Strat (1954 Reissue) built in 1994. It's nitro finish and wearing quite nicely. Playing it more than the basses at the moment since we're gifted with so much free time currently.

I don't have the Hayden rig anymore, it was far too loud to use at home but sounded great.

strat.png

Edited by Machines
  • Like 2

40 minutes ago, casapete said:

Also the average loft isn’t a great place to store guitars or basses. Extremes of temperature during the seasons can play havoc with them, as I know from experience. 😟

It'll be fine - its in a soft case with 2 tons of old hifi and LP records on top of it to keep it flat! 🙂

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, NancyJohnson said:

I owned one of these with gold hardware...three pickups, green flame.  Purchased new from ABC Music in Addlestone, Surrey.  I reckon it was 1978/79, more likely 1978.

Always had a soft spot for the PE range.

A small world just got a bit smaller. I seem to remember it was £140 new which is about £800 today. My dad persuaded me against a £99 luminous pink Les Paul copy from Marlin or somebody in favour of the Aria. Always listen to your dad!!!

5 hours ago, Machines said:

I've got a nice Japanese Strat (1954 Reissue) built in 1994. It's nitro finish and wearing quite nicely. Playing it more than the basses at the moment since we're gifted with so much free time currently.

I don't have the Hayden rig anymore, it was far too loud to use at home but sounded great.

strat.png

I had the same rig, bought it as I saw one one somebody’s house and loved the look.

Sold mine for the same reason, far too loud!

I still have the first guitar I bought back in 1986. I can't remember the make (it was on the headstock which was painted white and I stripped all the paint off coz it looked naff), but it's one of those cheap 80's brands (not Marlin, Encore, or Honer). It's a Strat copy that recently had some Irongear Vintage pickups put in to replace the HSS combo I'd "upgraded" it to in my youth. It may be plywood, but it now sounds great.

Also have an Epiphone Les Paul with lovely maple top and, Gibson pickups a white Gretsch 5120 awaiting fitment of some Filtertrons and an Ibanez 7 string that doesn't come out enough.

Ovation Custom Legend and Ovation 2058 Tx 12 string. I also have a Takamine CD132SC nylon ac. electric and an Epiphone 335 Dot (red). I actually practice guitar more than bass nowadays. So few bass gigs, there doesn't seem to be much point. 

IMG_20190910_204517.jpg

FB_IMG_1585763657276.jpg

• Like 1

I'm another with more guitars than basses.

1974 SG Special 

Godin Solidac

96 Korean Squier Tele

Eggle Berlin Pro 93 (yes, another Eggle!)

Gordon -Smith GS1  12STRING 

Art & Lutherie Ami parlour acoustic 

Will do a picture if anyone is interested  

Edited by MoonBassAlpha
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, NancyJohnson said:

Purchased new from ABC Music in Addlestone, Surrey

Oh, the hours I spent in that little shop in the late 80s and 90s... And in the Slough branch (which was where I got my first ever acoustic guitar - a slope shouldered Washburn D25S dreadnought. 

Do you remember the odd little guitar shop down by the level crossing, can’t for the life of me recall the name. Guitar Galleries or something...? Got my Wal Pro IIE there in 2001 after 2 years (yes, two years!) of haggling the price down!

Edited by TrevorR