Why become a member? ×

When Do You Think Your Band Will Start Gigging Again ?

Bluewine

Depending on where you live when we start gigging will be different 

Wisconsin will remain on lockdown  until May 26th.

I'm a senior with some health issues. I don't want gig until I'm confident it's safe.

We're booked to play an outdoor gig on June 6th at The Cheel in Mequon WI.

Blue

FB_IMG_1587153845910.jpg

FB_IMG_1585789899594.jpg

• Like 7

My gut feeling is that we won’t be out gigging here in the U.K. until Aug/Sep. Lockdown restrictions will start to ease but I fear pubs/ clubs and gatherings (weddings/ parties) will be the last things to have restrictions lifted. 

7 minutes ago, bassfan said:

My gut feeling is that we won’t be out gigging here in the U.K. until Aug/Sep. Lockdown restrictions will start to ease but I fear pubs/ clubs and gatherings (weddings/ parties) will be the last things to have restrictions lifted. 

Yes, I had heard that the entertainment/leisure industries will be the last to open. Doesn’t bode well for gigs in 2020.

• Like 1

I personally think 2020 is a no go for gigs, I’m the person in our band that gets all the gigs, it’s a double ball ache for me as I think of how hard work it was to get all our gigs for this year and they are all vanishing.

I also see a problem booking for 2021 as I would normally be approaching the venues in September/October this year, at this rate they will not be open so not contactable.

When the live music venues/pubs do open in say 2021, there will be a mad rush to book in bands as nothing would have been booked in advance.

I really hope my thoughts on this are wrong.

Edited by steantval

Gawd knows. If I had my way, I'd be back out there tomorrow. I'm a senior, too (67), but I don't buy into the mass hysteria about this. If I was frail or had health issues (or had contact with anyone who was/is), I'd be more concerned, but that's not the case.

• Like 1

I reckon 2020 as a whole will be pretty much a washout re gigs. I’m not in a gigging band at present but do feel for the guys in the band that I left, they had some great gigs booked, all over the country and in Europe, and had been booked for the  Rebellion Punk Festival for the sixth year running. Gutted for them - and everyone that’s in bands.

• Like 1

hopefully pubs will be opening June July time with restricted numbers which means we should be ok 🙂, but I can't see any of the summer festivals happening, but if they decide to let sporting events happen (Football) they can't really stop big gigs, festivals happening, as with everything depends how far the deaths and new infections fall so who knows?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hiram.k.hackenbacker said:

Well, there’s safe and there’s safe. If you want proper safe, you’ll be waiting for a vaccine which will be a while off.

I think you’ll be waiting a very, very long time for a vaccine. They were warning today that there might never be one.

Edited by ambient
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Nothingman said:

Nobody turns up to our gigs, so no pressure.

Interesting discussion. This might be a cultural issue.

In my conservative neck of the woods I believe. more people are going to come out in droves and get crazy more than those who stay home.

We had a big protest here in Milwaukee yesterday They want to open the State up now. They don't like our Governor's May 26th open date 

Blue

It’ll be next year, that’s my educated guess, based on what other countries are doing. For instance Germany aren’t allowing anything with more than 100 people until August 31st. They haven’t had it as bad as us. Social distancing is going to be with us for some considerable time to come. Football matches; if they take place, will probably be behind closed doors, so there’s no way they’ll let festivals take place. 

56 minutes ago, Dan Dare said:

Gawd knows. If I had my way, I'd be back out there tomorrow. I'm a senior, too (67), but I don't buy into the mass hysteria about this. If I was frail or had health issues (or had contact with anyone who was/is), I'd be more concerned, but that's not the case.

I have too many fears especially after finding out yesterday one of my old high school and band mates has it and is not doing well.

Blue

55 minutes ago, Lozz196 said:

I reckon 2020 as a whole will be pretty much a washout re gigs. I’m not in a gigging band at present but do feel for the guys in the band that I left, they had some great gigs booked, all over the country and in Europe, and had been booked for the  Rebellion Punk Festival for the sixth year running. Gutted for them - and everyone that’s in bands.

Yeah, Lozz I think all of the major US Festivals have been cancelled.

I always boast about our Summerfest here in Milwaukee ( Worlds Largest Music Festival). It's been officially cancelled. First time since it started in 1969.

Blue