Why become a member? ×

Ampeg V4-B bass amp head for sale(Update)

Bass Wielder

I have a V4 (guitar version - essentially the same) from a little later, 'bout '76 which is quite simply the tits. These are like vintage SVT's but with a lower rated power output, you can get some drive in the power section without killing small animals (although, 100-120w of all valve power is still unfeasibly loud - just forget the number, it's irrelevant). Just thought I'd add that.

BTW - you got any pics? Just that there's a part of me would kind of like the bass version on a whim.

[quote name='mcruiz67' post='44734' date='Aug 13 2007, 10:40 AM']Hi all,
I've had this vintage beast for a long while but sadly not been using it much lately. It has new valves (Watford Valves)and has been serviced and gigged recently (it still has the force!)
It originally had a USA mains transformer (110V) but now has a UK (220V) one that I bought from the German company TAD. One of the 'rocker' switches has been replaced (with an original type).
I had this amp completely checked over because I had decided that this was the best bass sound ever!! It is but.... I've downsized by rig and getting a new amp too....so now it needs a new home.
Completely reliable, lovely tones, warm valve sound and in great condition.
Make me a good offer and it could be yours........

Note: Hoping to have some photos soon but open to questions/viewing/trying etc.[/quote]

any luck with the pictures? I am very Interested in this

I think £595 is a wee bit rich for me - I did a spares or repairs with new OT, new caps, valves (7027's are readily available now and not very expensive) & general TLC from my local tech plus bought a set of spare valves and all amounted to around £400 although this was a 76ish V4 and they don't look as nice. I take it this is an early 70's job? Also, where are you based?