Why become a member? ×

UPDATE! Bax Music - anyone have any good experience with them?

Carl G

On 08/06/2020 at 10:40, Talean said:

Just throwing my hat in this ring rather than creating a new thread, I'm still waiting on a £200 refund from Bax, 4 weeks after initially requesting the refund. Each phone call I make they give me another excuse (usually something to do with their billing department entering a code wrong). I've ordered from them once before, and it was fine, albiet 2 days late.

I'm glad your order turn out alright Carl, just don't try and return it!

I’m in this same boat awaiting an amp return refund...I’ve heard diddly squat since the return. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/06/2020 at 19:17, Raslee said:

I’m in this same boat awaiting an amp return refund...I’ve heard diddly squat since the return. 

Sorry mate, never saw this in my notifications, realise this may be moot now.

In the end, I had to ring them 3 or 4 times, waiting a week between each call. Had to be a phone call, they wouldn't answer emails or social media.

They had records of all previous calls, and the last call I had with them, they told me they would get someone to ring me back in "1 business day". Never heard back, but the next day I had the refund credit note through, and the refund itself the day after.

Unfortunately, it's a case of having to keep chasing them up till they get fed up of it.

I no longer have the links, but there are articles on money sites about getting refunds if the store won't play ball and references to selling acts. As Bax are in the EU they're held to the EU regulations, so you can quote these to try and scare them (which was going to be my next step). Alternatively, and this was also going to be where I went next, chargeback schemes with your bank will get your money back. Easier if you paid with Credit Card but also doable if it was debit. If you used Paypal you could raise a dispute through them.

Hope you get your refund sooner rather than later, but you will definitely get it.

• Thanks 1

I bought a MarkBass combo from them recently.

Got a delivery of a mains cable but no combo. Emailed and then phoned. Could only get through to a  receptionist who said she would forward my concerns.

Hermes turned up with the combo the next day. Then received an email saying it had been delivered.

Ordered stuff from them in the past, never had any problems.

regards,

Doug

Aye I heard a lot about people in the past not having issues.

My order, bar the refund aspect, was fine, if a bit delayed. Seems to be a case of it usually going right, but if it doesn't, it can spiral out. From the conversations I had when chasing my refund, there seems to be a lot of miscommunication between departments (for example, I was sent the wrong invoice, refund was coded incorrectly twice etc).

From your amp turning up the next day Doug, I assume they sent them out in separate shipments and one fell behind. I know they use mendlay(sp) in France, with Hermes doing the last mile, neither courier has stellar reviews, which would explain delays. I had an order sat in mendlay's center for a few days longer than it should've, although I attributed this to Covid.

Well, I rang them today about the return of my ibanez. I have emailed them twice, neither of which have produced a response. They said they would send an email to the return department and they would ring me back.

I am not watching the phone it has to be said.

I've been told in the last few days they have received my item but it needs to be registered with the returns dept 😳.....I've since emailed again but still not a lot of comms coming back.

It's a shame as i was planning on buying another item from them but am eagerly awaiting to see how my issue pans out before another purchase. I've generally had good experiences with Bax historically and wonder if they  are currently under staffed or otherwise struggling as a result of the pandemic.

21 hours ago, Woodinblack said:

... They said they would send an email to the return department and they would ring me back.

Aye, I was told I'd be called back before, but it never happened. I received the refund note and then the refund so never called to chase up, but you're probably better off ringing again rather than waiting for the callback.

16 hours ago, Raslee said:

I've been told in the last few days they have received my item but it needs to be registered with the returns dept 😳.....I've since emailed again but still not a lot of comms coming back.

... wonder if they  are currently under staffed or otherwise struggling as a result of the pandemic.

Sounds about right, needing to register it first, and that taking a while.

I hadn't ordered from them before the pandemic, so it may well be that this is just due to staffing issues etc. They do seem to have quite a delay between each 'action' or department.

56 minutes ago, Talean said:

Aye, I was told I'd be called back before, but it never happened. I received the refund note and then the refund so never called to chase up, but you're probably better off ringing again rather than waiting for the callback.

I will wait for the callback, I am not in a tearing hurry, its the weekend and all, so they have monday, but if we get to tuesday and they haven't called me, I will ring again and be a bit more forceful 

• Like 1

And I got a callback from them this morning. They have a notification that it was in the system on the 21st from hermes but they haven't recieved it yet. Which I can fully believe from my wifes current dealings with hermes (and why I was concerned it going with hermes at the moment). So they are going to investigate and get back to me.

So that is fine at the moment, I only wanted an update

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Woodinblack said:

And I got a callback from them this morning. They have a notification that it was in the system on the 21st from hermes but they haven't recieved it yet. Which I can fully believe from my wifes current dealings with hermes (and why I was concerned it going with hermes at the moment). So they are going to investigate and get back to me.

So that is fine at the moment, I only wanted an update

Excellent, glad that things are moving. Can believe Hermes being a bottleneck.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 29/06/2020 at 11:18, Talean said:

Excellent, glad that things are moving. Can believe Hermes being a bottleneck.

Well, now I have asked them again, and they have failed to call me back twice, so at the moment I couldn't recommend them to anyone.

12 hours ago, Woodinblack said:

Well, now I have asked them again, and they have failed to call me back twice, so at the moment I couldn't recommend them to anyone.

Aye, as much as stuff does tend to get sorted in the end, I couldn't recommend the store either, as you shouldn't have to do so much running around and waiting.

The only thing I can suggest is to keep hounding them on the phone, maybe put a post on their Facebook page (they won't action it, but I did that + kept calling them, I think they sped up their actions just to get rid of me).

Sorry to hear your still having trouble with them though. As much as Hermes may be at fault re Delivery, it's abysmal CS on Bax's part.

It is. They finally got round to emailing me to say they are looking into it, and I am happy with that, or I would have been happy with that last week. I know hermes are having trouble, my wife is have problems with stuff she was sending to customers, but she carried on trying and kept in contact with her customers so they knew what was going on.

If you can let your customers know they are important to you and you are putting an effort in, it makes a huge difference.

2 minutes ago, Woodinblack said:

It is. They finally got round to emailing me to say they are looking into it, and I am happy with that, or I would have been happy with that last week. I know hermes are having trouble, my wife is have problems with stuff she was sending to customers, but she carried on trying and kept in contact with her customers so they knew what was going on.

If you can let your customers know they are important to you and you are putting an effort in, it makes a huge difference.

100%. A quick message just to let you know the cogs are still turning does wonders.

I'm not a big believer in 'no news is good news' I must admit. Especially when a company and not-insignificant amounts of £££ are involved.

• 2 weeks later...

Another week gone past, still no more contact or anything happening. 

I think I probably need to start looking at what I need to do to get my credit card company to do a chargeback on them. I can honestly say I have never dealt with a big company that have been this bad at doing anything.

Their prices are cheap but then I guess if you don't need to pay any staff to do customer support, your costs are low.

On 18/07/2020 at 13:26, Woodinblack said:

Another week gone past, still no more contact or anything happening. 

I think I probably need to start looking at what I need to do to get my credit card company to do a chargeback on them. I can honestly say I have never dealt with a big company that have been this bad at doing anything.

Their prices are cheap but then I guess if you don't need to pay any staff to do customer support, your costs are low.

That sucks to hear. The only thing I can think to suggest is just hounding them daily with phone calls and Facebook posts (bad publicity for them - unfortunately I've had more than one company only action something after putting them on public blast), though you shouldn't have to spend so much of your time on it. Otherwise a chargeback is probably your best option (and will probably require less work on your end overall). With all your attempts to chase them up, receipts etc, the bank should move fairly quickly with that.

That would go a long way to explain their costs. Funny story, I found the companies owner on Facebook, when trying to sort mine out, and he had made several statuses about not getting refunds from airlines. On each of these, there were several comments from individuals who had been waiting to receive a refund from his company.

You'll definitely get your money back one way or another, but it's awful that it requires so much effort and time on your end, and so much neglect on theirs.

Finally, one month and 3 days after I posted it back I got an unsolicited reply:

We started an investigation for your parcel. You indicated that you still have not received your order. We contacted Mondial Relay and they unfortunately declared the parcel as lost. According to the notes from my colleague, you'vee requested a second shipment, so I granted this request.

Unfortunately the ordered bass isn't in stock at the moment, as we're expecting it real soon from our supplier.

26 minutes ago, fretmeister said:

Hermes have just announced they are hiring another 10,000 people to help cope with the increased demand.

That's a lot more ruined parcels then! :D 

Yeh, it must be hard at the moment for them to find enough places to hide them all!

• Haha 1

This isn't helping my confidence at all, you lot. I've just ordered my first thing from them. Supposed to arrive tomorrow. Not expensive, so not the end of the world if it doesn't show, fortunately. According to their website, they're based in Folkestone (Kent Coast), so not a million miles away from me if I need to go and shout at them. Fingers crossed.

39 minutes ago, Dan Dare said:

This isn't helping my confidence at all, you lot. I've just ordered my first thing from them. Supposed to arrive tomorrow. Not expensive, so not the end of the world if it doesn't show, fortunately. According to their website, they're based in Folkestone (Kent Coast), so not a million miles away from me if I need to go and shout at them. Fingers crossed.

TBH, the problem here is hermes not returning my parcel, so they almost certainly will replace the bass, and most purchases will be fine (the original sending of the bass was fine and it wasn't their fault it was broken), its just their total lack of feedback when something goes wrong.

Also I think the folkstone branch is one guy answering a phone and forwarding it to holland.