Why become a member? ×

UPDATE! Bax Music - anyone have any good experience with them?

Carl G

Update - the bass arrived today in good condition and not as late as I thought it was going to be. Pretty good service considering the pandemic etc. Thanks to everyone that replied

Carl

I ordered an acoustic bass through Bax Music a while back and I still haven’t heard anything from them and there is nothing from customer services. Turns out that they are in the Netherlands and have no shop in Kent as their website would suggest. I am now reading lots of awful reviews and regretting my choice. Has anyone here had dealings with them? Do orders actually appear or is it a scam? I don’t mind waiting a while as long as I know it is coming. 

Thanks

Edited by Carl G
update

I've ordered several times from them and with one exception the service has been fine i.e. they have delivered on time and / or provided a refund where items have been returned. My most recent purchase / return (just a pedal) was, however, seriously painful, but fortunately I had bought through PayPal and eventually got a refund by escalating matters with them, but there was a fair bit of angst along the way.

They did apologise for this latest purchase, which was as much the courier / their warehousing issue as anything, and mentioned being short staffed. But I'm more than a little reluctant to head back in their direction.

I'm assuming you've tried their telephone helpline? You're sometimes on a fairly lengthy wait, but I usually got through in the end and kept a note of the conversation which I emailed to them. So certainly not previously a scam, but they did seem to be sinking under the volume of returns they were processing, which must have been killing their margins.

I do hope you get your bass sorted.

• Like 1

Have shopped there in store (they have several large brick and mortar stores) and online without difficulty. The one time I needed their customer service it didn't move fast but it all got handled well. Any questions just give them a call, though they will be suffering from reduced staff due to Corona limitations.

• Like 1

I've just recently gone through a return process with them which was exemplary - they waived the £25 courier charge since we are in lockdown and I would have preferred not to go to a post office if I didn't have to.

Their customer service was strong and I've previously bought / returned items with them and its been a breeze.

They currently have a very extended returns policy of 120 days as well - I would very happily purchase from them again as I did only the other day and received the item several days before a similarly timed Andertons order!

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Just throwing my hat in this ring rather than creating a new thread, I'm still waiting on a £200 refund from Bax, 4 weeks after initially requesting the refund. Each phone call I make they give me another excuse (usually something to do with their billing department entering a code wrong). I've ordered from them once before, and it was fine, albiet 2 days late.

I'm glad your order turn out alright Carl, just don't try and return it!